Amazon Go is a new kind of store with no lines and no checkout—you just grab and go! Customers simply use the Amazon Go app to enter the store, take what they want from our selection of fresh, delicious meals and grocery essentials, and go! Check it out at amazon.com/go.
We are looking for a Workforce Capacity Planning (CP) Analyst who is passionate about customer experience, thinks and acts globally, a strong communicator and networker to build successful working relationships across worldwide Amazon Go network and has the edge to drive industry standard innovations. The ideal candidate will need to possess a strong schedule optimization background that enables him/her to manage quantitative planning to achieve productivity goals for the site, possess analytical background that enables him/her to manage global network planning, experience a wide range of problem solving situations which are strategic to real-time to identify opportunities for improvement and is able to extensively use data collection for further analysis. The Workforce CP Analyst is responsible to share guidance on real-time staffing adjustments, work with sites on special events planning, build processes to manage contingency, real-time business domain blending to help business meet its service levels; he/she aids as a resource, advisor and is a close working partner with Operations and other functional, support teams. The successful candidate will also need to be an analytical problem solver who is comfortable in a fast-paced, multi-tasked, high-energy environment. This role requires candidates to be flexible to working in Night shifts and Rotational Week offs Please note: this team is not customer-facing.
You should be comfortable exercising judgement and making decisions in an ambiguous environment. Developing positive working relationships and utilizing strong influencing skills across multiple stakeholders will be key to success in the role.
You will need a keen eye for numbers and should excel at running operations of an ops team efficiently. Technical issues shouldn’t faze you. You must be comfortable operating all of the systems, tools and devices used on your team. You have a demonstrated history of thinking on your feet and identifying efficient short-term fixes while looking into a longer term solution.
You lead by example and are a role model when it comes to insisting on the highest standards and maintaining an atmosphere of respect for customers. No task is beneath you. You fully live the Amazon Leadership Principles and are passionate about helping your team do the same. You have a high bar for quality and hold your team to the same standards.
· Generate forecast, plan capacity for multiple network sites, successfully manage short term staffing of the sites (4 to 6 weeks), work closely long-term planning, program, Ops and multiple stakeholders and come up with right input and exception mechanisms on factors affecting forecast
· Create and accurately maintain CXQO associate shift schedules ensuring that shifts are optimally planned to meet the short term forecast requirements and SLs (Service Levels)
· Build short/long term operational plans for multiple network sites to optimize variable costs associated with staffing
· Creates intra-day, daily, weekly plan for business to meet the forecasted numbers and required productivity
· Improve worldwide Amazon Go sites redundancy thereby reduce capacity risks of a certain site and manage dependencies across multiple sites. Also, clearly communicate on risks, dependencies to manage, track exceptions
· Setup feedback mechanism to share overall capacity planning processes improvements and drive better planning accuracy for future
· Performs dive deep on daily, weekly, and monthly site performance to provide feedback to Operations and other program management stakeholders to help sites meet its efficiency goals
· Monitor actual staffing levels against plan and take corrective actions to flex-up or flex down as required like OT (Over Time) calls, cross skill support, shrinkage, shift changes to improve service levels
· Effectively plan and monitor associate adherence to the assigned schedules & plan non-productive activities
· Maintain CXQO associate matrix for each Amazon Go sites basis it’s hours of operation, seating and transportation plan
· Participate in global initiatives to cater to growing business needs
· Connect and network with stake-holders, including but not limited to operations, program management, training, GREF teams
· Supports Capacity Planning leadership by maintaining accurate records of planned and required headcount in each of business groups/marketplace on a weekly basis
· Communicate and maintain vision, Leadership Principles and culture with the team
· Written and verbal communication up to operations level.
· 1+ years of experience in financial/business analysis
· Experience with SQL or ETL
· Experience defining requirements and using data and metrics to draw business insights
· A Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited university
· Experience with OBIEE, Business Objects, Cognos, Tableau
· Experience with R, SAS, SPSS, or Python along with solid understanding of SQL etc.., with experience in data modeling and/or statistical forecasting
Excellent communication skills and the ability to work effectively with stakeholders and team members in a global environment
· Passion for operations excellence and commitment to delighting customers.
· Self-driven leader with demonstrated ability to proactively drive and manage an operations team.
· Strong project management and people management skills.
· Interest in and experience with partnering closely with technology teams strongly preferred.