This position requires an individual who has previous employee and labour relations experience, subject matter knowledge, and strong communication (written/verbal) and interpersonal skills that enables the individual to work successfully on a broad spectrum of employee relations and site support issues and projects.
The position supports Amazon.com’s Operations network. The central objective of Amazon.com’s employee relations team is to ensure our organization’s treatment of employees is fair, respectful, and consistent with our framework of our core business values and objectives. To support that objective, this position will focus on site support activities that improve local and network employee relations.
The individual, for example, will work proactively to:
· Collect and analyze multiple levels of Associate and manager feedback, primarily through data analysis and site visits;
· Partner and engage with site leadership and HR to identify and improve opportunities that affect the Associate experience including continuous improvement in communication vehicles and practices;
· Analyze, diagnose, and audit people programs, policies, and practices to sustain positive employee relations;
· Prepare assessment reports including observations and analysis for senior level leadership review
· Conduct positive employee relations trainings;
· Conduct and oversee employee relations and vulnerability assessment programs.
The individual may be required to work reactively on critical employee relations issues that are crisis-oriented and typically can only be successfully completed with limited time.
The position reports to the Employee Relations Principal within the Operations Human Resources group at Amazon.com. The resident location of the individual is limited to specific locations in their designated region, typically near clusters of FC and/or CS locations. This is a full-time position that will require significant travel, 40-60% of the time over the course of the year.
The pay range for this position in Colorado is $85,600 to $149,800 per year; however, base pay offered may vary depending on job-related knowledge, skills, and experience. A sign-on bonus and restricted stock units may be provided as part of the compensation package, in addition to a full range of medical, financial, and/or other benefits, dependent on the position offered. This information is provided per the Colorado Equal Pay Act. Base pay information is based on market location. Applicants should apply via Amazon's internal or external careers site.
· Bachelor’s degree in a related field
· 2+ years direct experience in employee relations, labor relations, or labor/employment law with an emphasis on labor and employee relations work
· Experience in manufacturing/distribution/call center locations with hourly employee populations;
· Understanding of provincial employment & labor laws
· Experience in designing and delivering successful training programs
· Technically proficient in MS Word, Excel, Access, & PowerPoint,
· Advanced degree, JD, or other specialized training in labor/employee relations
· Team player with demonstrated strong written and oral communication skills; excellent public speaker
· Strong interpersonal and persuasion skills, enabling individual to establish partnerships working with senior leaders and across organizational lines
· Able to handle confidential information in a mature and professional manner
· Highly analytical thinker and problem solver
· Proven attention to detail; extremely organized
· Acts with sense of urgency, bias for action, fast pace, and desire to thrive in a dynamically growing environment
· High-quality judgment and sound decision-making
· Strong project and time management skills with ability to multi-task and manage multiple projects to closure
· Confident and innovative thinker; isn’t satisfied with “checking the box” or just pulling out “what we did at my last job”
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us