Do you want to shape the future of data streaming? Are you excited to build a service that combines and replicates data across multiple data stores?
Can you simplify complex business and technical problems to the essentials to help customers get the most from AWS innovations? Are you excited about working backwards from the customer to create new products, features, and services?
AWS Glue Elastic Views (GEV) makes it easy to build materialized views that combine and replicate data across multiple data stores without having to write custom code.
We are looking for a Senior Technical Product Manager (Sr. PMT, External Services) to join AWS Glue Elastic Views (GEV).
Your primary responsibilities are launching GEV as Generally Available, then driving business growth in current and adjacent markets. You will achieve this by defining product strategy, roadmap, and pricing to improve customer experience, user adoption, and operational excellence. You will interact with senior leadership within AWS and Amazon.com businesses.
You have proven product management skills in large, growing businesses. You are comfortable managing competing priorities and bring order to ambiguous scenarios. You influence leadership with versatility and you thrive in a dynamic, entrepreneurial environment. You are analytical and data-driven. You communicate effectively in both written and verbal contexts with all levels of the organization.
Inclusive Team Culture
Here at AWS, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have ten employee-led affinity groups, reaching 40,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences. Amazon’s culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 16 Leadership Principles, which remind team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust.
Our team puts a high value on work-life balance. It isn’t about how many hours you spend at home or at work; it’s about the flow you establish that brings energy to both parts of your life. We believe striking the right balance between your personal and professional life is critical to life-long happiness and fulfillment. We offer flexibility in working hours and encourage you to find your own balance between your work and personal lives.
Mentorship & Career Growth
Our team is dedicated to supporting new members. We have a broad mix of experience levels and tenures, and we’re building an environment that celebrates knowledge sharing and mentorship. Our senior members enjoy one-on-one mentoring. We care about your career growth and strive to assign projects based on what will help each team member develop into a better-rounded engineer and enable them to take on more complex tasks in the future.
· 5+ years of software product management experience in a related industry
· 1+ years of experience writing SQL queries or using business intelligence (BI) systems
· Strong technical acumen. Can dissect complicated technical problems, simplify experiences and innovate on behalf of our customers
· Both technically deep and business savvy to interface with and lead teams of all levels and disciplines within an organization, from engineers to senior leadership
· Experience building business models, defining customer and market segmentation, and setting pricing
· Experience designing products and iterating through rapid product cycles
· Knowledge of service-oriented architecture, product development, and project management
· Experience with nonrelational/NoSQL database technologies
· Experience in the cloud computing technology space
· Strong finance related skills relating to P&L management and pricing
· Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field (or equivalent experience)
· MBA or equivalent master’s degree (or equivalent experience)