At Amazon, we're working to be the most customer-centric company on earth. To get there, we need exceptionally talented, bright, and driven people. If you'd like to help us build the place to find and buy anything online, this is your chance to make history. Amazon is seeking a Financial Analyst within The North America Consumer Insights and Analytics Finance team. This analytics team is regularly tasked to solve some of the most pressing problems within the Consumer business (Retail, FBA, and MFN).
In this role you will partner with a team of highly talented individuals and collaborate to find new insights that will help drive topline growth and improve profitability. This person will be required to breakdown complex business problems and summarize the findings into simple business stories to present to senior leadership. This person will also partner with multiple stakeholders within the Consumer Org to provide timely analysis, insightful guidance, and financial leadership to these high-growth businesses. This person will also lead variance analysis and produce KPIs for monthly and quarterly business reviews.
- Identifies basic control risks, evaluates impact, proposes changes, and implements improvements to remediate gaps.
- Delivers weekly/monthly financial close. Uses financial systems and advanced MSExcel functions to work with large data sets. Outputs plans, forecasts, budgets, and consolidations.
- Works with a variety of data sources. Identifies incomplete or inaccurate data, identifies root causes of data issues, escalates discrepancies, fixes data where possible or partners to deliver a solution.
- Uses active listening skills intuitively to communicate data (both written and verbal) in a clear, concise, and unambiguous manner. Adjusts style for various audiences to articulate complex finance issues clearly.
- Identifies and implements solutions to resolve, improve, automate, standardize, or simplify finance processes.
- Makes thoughtful time management decisions independently. Prioritizes work, resolves issues, meets deadlines, and seeks feedback from your manager. Discerns between urgent and non-urgent issues and acts accordingly to solve them.
- Drives own self-development in the Finance Community: seeks opportunities to expand finance expertise. Participates in events, initiatives, and projects, then shares gained knowledge in and outside of your team.
- Contributes to work life harmony by being a positive, collaborative, and effective influencer to new team members as an indicator of operations excellence.
This role may be located in either Seattle, WA or Nashville, TN.
Ability to travel; 10%+ travel expected, primarily to local operations, in addition to regional support.
- BA/BS in Finance, Accounting, Business, Economics, or a highly analytical field (e.g., Engineering, Math, and Computer Science) or equivalent.
- Minimum 3+ years of finance experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Experience working with large-scale data mining and reporting tools (examples: SQL, MS Access, Essbase, Cognos) and other financial systems (examples: Oracle, SAP, Lawson, JD Edwards)
- MBA/Professional certifications (CPA/CMA/Qualified Accounting certificate)
- Demonstrated financial acumen and analytical experience delivering forecasting, budgeting, and variance analysis, and data interpretation of business impact and results.
- Highly analytical, detail oriented and strong business sense; proven ability to manage new ideas, creative solutions and supporting a team with competing priorities.
- Manage and prioritize workload and achieve effective results in a fast-paced, growing and ambiguous environment.
- Previous experience within a Manufacturing, Distribution Center or Logistics processes and systems a plus.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.