Excited by the disruptive potential of quantum technology? Want to help global enterprises understand the challenges and opportunities of quantum computing (QC)? Eager to get first-hand access to cutting-edge quantum hardware to explore and solve customer problems? Thrilled to be key part of Amazon, who has been investing in disruptive innovation for decades, pioneering and shaping the world’s technology? At Amazon Web Services (AWS), we are helping large enterprises on their QC journey on the AWS Cloud. We are using the state-of-the-art QC algorithms on cutting-edge quantum hardware, HPC, and machine learning against a wide spectrum of industry problems. Our Professional Services organization works together with our customers to explore the potentials of QC and become 'quantum ready'. Our team collaborates across the entire AWS organization to bring access to product and service teams, to get the right solution delivered and drive feature innovation based upon customer needs.
AWS Professional Services is a unique consulting team. We pride ourselves on being customer obsessed and highly focused on the enablement of our customers. If you have academic and/or industry experience with QC, we’d like to have you join our team. You will get to work with an innovative company, with great teammates, and have a lot of fun helping our customers.
The principal applied scientist will work in conjunction with the sales team, solutions architects and professional service counterparts. He/She will develop quantum solutions for a wide variety of industries together with a team of experts. Major responsibilities include:
· Engage with commercial enterprise customers to understand their business derivers and application portfolio.
· Educate, envision and inspire customers on potential of QC to help their business.
· Understand the customer’s business need in different industries and guide them to a solution using our AWS QC Services.
· Develop QC approaches to industry problems including quantum simulation and cryptography, and execute customer projects and case studies end-to-end.
· Collaborate with the Braket Service and Center for Quantum Computing at Caltech research teams.
· Publish in scientific journals, create white papers, write blogs, and build demos that help customers adopt QC.
As this is a customer facing role, you will be required to travel to client locations and deliver professional services when needed (post pandemic). If you do not live in a market where we have an open position, please feel free to apply. Our Quantum Team can live in any location where we have a Professional Service office.
Inclusive Team Culture
Here at AWS, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have thirteen employee-led affinity groups, reaching 85,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences. Amazon’s culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 14 Leadership Principles, which remind team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust.
Our team puts a high value on work-life balance. Striking a healthy balance between your personal and professional life is crucial to your happiness and success here. We are a customer-obsessed organization—leaders start with the customer and work backwards. They work vigorously to earn and keep customer trust.
Mentorship & Career Growth
Our team is dedicated to supporting new members. We have a broad mix of experience levels and tenures, and we’re building an environment that celebrates knowledge sharing and mentorship. We care about your career growth and strive to assign projects based on what will help each team member develop into a better-rounded professional and enable them to take on more complex tasks in the future.
· PhD in a quantum computation or applied mathematics.
· 6+ years research experience in quantum computing, algorithm development, and (post-quantum) cryptography.
· 2+ years of industry experience in mathematical modeling of real-world problems for quantum technologies.
· 12+ years of experience in conducting research-oriented projects.
Publications or presentation in top-tier academic journals/conferences.
· Able to write production level code in C++ and Python, which is well-written, documented and explainable.
· Experience using quantum libraries, such as Qiskit, Cirq, Forest, etc.
· Experience with AWS technologies like EC2, S3, CodeCommit, & Cloudwatch.
· Familiarity with using data visualization tools.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.