How often have you had an opportunity to build a big business, solving significant customer problems through innovative technology, from the beginning? The Amazon Halo team, within Devices organization (Amazon Echo, Fire TV, Fire Tablets, and more), is looking for passionate, hard-working, and talented individuals to join our fast paced, start-up environment to help invent the future of health. We have just launched our initial product and service offering and are excited to continue inventing on behalf of our customers.
A day in the life
You will be working in a fast paced, start-up environment, and operate in two different modes: Part of your time you will be applying the latest techniques in Deep Learning and Natural Language Processing to ship new features for our customers, and part of your time you will be running experiments and building prototypes to inform the next generation of Amazon Halo products and services.
About the hiring group
Our mission is to empower customers to understand and improve their health and well-being through engaging and convenient interactions with Alexa. We’re a team of scientists and engineers who use cutting edge Natural Language Processing, Machine Learning, and Deep Learning technologies to help our customers live healthier lives.
As an Applied Scientist on our team, you will:
· convert ambiguous business questions into precise science problems and solve them on behalf of our customers
· define effective success metrics for your Machine Learning and Deep Learning models
· regularly build and ship to production Machine Learning and Deep Learning models
· invent novel Machine Learning and Deep Learning solutions
· communicate your results in spoken and written form to diverse audiences
· collaborate with engineers and product managers to deliver your solutions to customers
· work on the full lifecycle of a product from prototype to customer-facing product
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
· MS in Computer Science, Mathematics, or equivalent technical field.
· 3+ years of hands-on experience with building and evaluating machine learning models and deploying them to production.
· Hands-on experience in programming languages such as Python, Java, C/C++, or similar language.
· Strong interpersonal and communication skills. Must be able to explain technical concepts and analysis implications clearly to a wide audience, including senior executives, and be able to translate business objectives into action.
· Knowledge of Machine Learning and Deep Learning concepts (e.g., Bias/Variance trade-off, regularization, CNNs, RNNs, Transformers, etc.)
· PhD in Computer Science, Mathematics, or equivalent technical field.
· Experience in building NLU, NLG, and/or ER systems, e.g., commercial NLU products or government NLU projects
· Experience in Knowledge Graphs
· Experience with AWS services, and large-scale data processing frameworks like Spark etc.