As part of the AISPL return-to-work program for women, Second Innings, the AWS Premium Support team is looking for experienced support engineers to undertake a 6-month internship. In this role, you will work with AWS services and learn troubleshooting techniques used to provide unique solutions to our customers' individual need.
Second Innings is a hiring program for experienced women professionals who are looking to relaunch their careers after a break of three months or more. This unique internship opportunity will mean those hired will go through a training program that builds critical skills required for the role, and prepare them for their AWS certification to advance their career journey in cloud roles.
· 3+ years of relevant technical work experience
· 3 months or more break from work
About AISPL: Amazon Web Services (AWS), an Amazon.com Company, has been the world’s leading cloud provider for more than 15 years with the most mature, comprehensive, and broadly adopted cloud platform. Amazon Internet Services Private Limited, or AISPL, undertakes the resale and marketing of cloud services for AWS in India. Millions of customers in over 190 countries - from the fastest growing startups to the largest enterprises, through to leading government agencies - all place their trust in AWS to power their infrastructure, and deliver innovation.
About the AWS Premium Support Team:
· As a member of the AISPL Support team, you will be at the forefront of transformational technology assisting companies that are taking advantage of our growing services and features to run their mission-critical applications.
· Our team is dedicated to supporting new team members in an environment that celebrates knowledge sharing and mentorship.
· We are always looking for professionals keen on learning new technologies and building a career with AISPL.
· As we use a follow-the-sun model with Premium Support sites globally, there is no after-hours on-call or overtime in this role.
About the role:
Every day of this 6-month internship program will bring new and exciting challenges on the job:
· As a Cloud Support Engineer Intern you will benefit from the opportunity to gain experience with AWS cloud services including EC2, load balancers, and S3 storage solutions.
· Collaborate with engineers and their peers in a virtual classroom to learn about AWS services, and practice troubleshooting techniques.
· You’ll have an opportunity to apply your new skills through customer case simulations.
· Participate in projects that improve support-related processes and our customers’ technical support experience.
· You will work on new and existing projects, have the opportunity to obtain AWS certifications, and attend professional development events.
· Bachelor’s degree in Information Science / Information Technology, Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics, Physics, or a related field. · Advanced experience with Networking and troubleshooting (TCP/IP, DNS, routing, switching, firewalls, LAN/WAN, traceroute, iperf, dig, cURL or related).
· In-depth understanding of virtualization and cloud computing (Hypervisors, VMware, Xen).
· Advanced experience in networking administration and troubleshooting.
· Strong knowledge of networking and routing protocols (BGP, OSPF, DNS, TCP/IP, IPSEC)
· Demonstrated proficiency in networking principles (routing, switching, load balancing etc.)
· Experience configuring software-based IPSEC and SSL based VPN solutions.
· Experience configuring and supporting devices such as Cisco, Juniper, Fortinet, SonicWALL, Checkpoint, Palo Alto etc.
· Experience managing full application stacks from the OS up through custom applications
· Good understanding of security best practices.
Good understanding of distributed computing environments and methodologies
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer, and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, age, or other legally protected status.