"In addition to being a earth's most customer-centric company, Amazon will commit to being Earth's Best Employer and Earth's Safest Place to Work" -- Jeff Bezos
Amazonian Experience and Technology (AET) is responsible for building and running Amazon’s human capital management technology, as well as business applications for benefits, time and attendance, disability and leave, immigration, learning, document management, health and safety, and HR contact center solutions for millions of Amazonians. Our mission is to make Amazon “Earth’s Best Employer and Earth’s Safest Place to Work”.
Are you seeking an environment where you can drive innovation and deliver highly visible solutions that truly matter and effect change? If so, we are looking for a strong engineers in the Amazon Employee Services Technology (EStech_IND) Team to build greenfield applications using latest native AWS services for millions of Amazonians to get support on their important life events. In this role you will be part of the highly visible team that drives and executes the technology vision to create 1-click employee experience, where employees can manage their professional and personal life events, and do their day-to-day work of innovating on behalf of their customers, without any issue.
As an SDE-I, you will own the full stack design and development of product features, building scale, efficiency, and a differentiated customer experiences built using native AWS services. You will use innovative technology to understand the needs of employees, and create simple to use experiences that resolve their issues with low effort. Creating simple and low effort support experience for complex life events require building new capabilities, intelligent issue detection and routing engine, extending and adapting existing services, and orchestrating available resolutions across multiple organizations. You will also work with other SDE-II, Sr. SDEs and Principal Engineers in the team to create shared services using core and common building blocks that other teams can onboard to create seamless and comprehensive experience that works back from employees.
Come join us to build the Earth’s best employee experience!
· Programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
· Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related field
· 0-2years of non-internship professional software development experience
· Computer Science fundamentals in object-oriented design
· Computer Science fundamentals in data structures
· Computer Science fundamentals in algorithm design, problem solving, and complexity analysis
· 1+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems.
· Experience building cloud services on AWS
· Strong, object-oriented design and coding skills (C/C++ and/or Java preferably on a UNIX or Linux platform)
· Experience with distributed (multi-tiered) systems and algorithms
· Ability to effectively articulate technical challenges and solutions
· Deal well with ambiguous/undefined problems; ability to think abstractly