Amazon Web Services (AWS) is the world’s most comprehensive and broadly adopted cloud platform, offering over 175 fully featured services from data centers globally. Millions of customers—including the fastest-growing startups, largest enterprises, and leading government agencies—are using AWS to accelerate innovation, become more agile, and lower costs.
AWS is seeking a Customer Solutions Manager (CSM) to help customers realize sustained business value by accelerating their customer transformation journey. The successful candidate will help the customer design and rapidly execute strategic migrations to the AWS cloud and build modern, cloud native solutions that fulfil their highest ambitions. You will work backwards from customer objectives, utilize AWS best practices developed over thousands of engagements, and design and execute an end-to-end frictionless cloud adoption experience. Your customers capture the full potential of AWS’ industry-leading solutions. As a CSM, you are a thought leader with a strategic, insurgent business mindset. You use your technical acumen, program management, organizational change management, and communication skills to problem solve, challenge the status quo, and align a broad range of multidisciplinary teams including sales, solution architecture, enterprise support, product development, professional services, and partners.
You will earn trust across the customer’s organization, identify strategic opportunities, uncover cloud use cases, establish roadmaps and actionable program plans, capture success criteria, orchestrate advanced technical architectures, and establish programmatic governance. You own and drive execution excellence for the end-to-end customer cloud journey (e.g., technical, operational, organizational, and educational) that span IT teams, executives, and business units.
At AWS we value critical thinking, self-motivation, and thrive in ambiguous, entrepreneurial environments. You will pay attention to detail but think big on behalf of our customers. As a CSM, you have a business outcome mindset, broad technical background, and are a driven problem-solver. You use data to make decisions, express yourself thoughtfully, and are passionate about delivering Earth’s most customer-centric experiences.
At AWS, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of diversity, equity, and inclusion. We have 10 employee-led affinity groups, reaching 40,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and we host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences. Amazon’s culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 14 Leadership Principles, which remind team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust.
The successful candidate will:
- Orchestrate a near, mid, and long-term vision and strategy for the overall customer’s cloud transformation by collaborating with the customer and the AWS team
- Demonstrate excellent customer engagement skills through all levels of an organization and develop long term relationships based on excellence
- Maintain a broad and in-depth knowledge and understanding of existing and developing technologies as it relates to cloud computing, to unlock opportunities for customers
- Possess a strong background in change management and incorporating organizational change best practices seamlessly into project delivery
- Accelerate customer adoption through education and enablement
- Collaborate with customers in identifying and prioritizing high business impact use cases for AWS service adoption as well as best practice implementations
- Manage time efficiently and align and engage required Customer, AWS, and Partner teams to accelerate customer’s cloud journey
- Be a thought leader across Amazon organizations to knowledge share success mechanisms, mentor junior CSMs, and impact industry trends
The pay range for this position in Colorado is $138,300 - 187,100 yr; however, base pay offered may vary depending on job-related knowledge, skills, and experience. A sign-on bonus and restricted stock units may be provided as part of the compensation package, in addition to a full range of medical, financial, and/or other benefits, dependent on the position offered. This information is provided per the Colorado Equal Pay Act. Base pay information is based on market location. Applicants should apply via Amazon's internal or external careers site.
- 5+ years of experience leading large-scale, technical or engineering programs with a proven record of thought leadership, business case development, realizing customer benefits, and successful program completion
- 2+ years of experience in a customer-facing role, engaging with customer executives, technologists and/or partners to solve business problems with advanced technologies
- Experience in a direct or matrixed role leading technical and non-technical transformation project teams with a proven ability to work across broad functional teams
- A history of problem solving and innovation developing technology programs and working across customer organizations
- Bachelor's Degree in science, technology, engineering, math, business, or equivalent experience
- Ability to travel up to 15% as needed
- Direct experience implementing cloud services including migrations and modernization projects
- Knowledge of AWS Services and Solutions
- Proven track record of being detail-oriented with a demonstrated ability to self-motivate and work in fast paced, ambiguous environments
- Ability to credibly coordinate between project teams and customers to meet unique customer requirements
- Project management certification or training such as PMP, Scrum, or other Agile experience and certification
For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity Employer – Minority / Women / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation / Age.