Amazon Web Services (AWS) is looking for an experienced and motivated Data Engineer to help us develop a data collection and processing platform for a variety of the AWS AI products. The successful candidate will have strong computer science background and preferably knowledge of natural language processing tools
As a Data Engineer, you will work on our Science team and partner closely with other Data Engineers, Data Scientists, Technical Program Managers, and Software teams to create data pipelines that are used to optimize data collection and processing. You will be responsible for synthesizing data across our organization in a data warehouse environment. This job is able to be located in Seattle, New York or California.
You have a passion for Excellence. You have a proven track record of building the right Data Engineering solutions that scale, provide high availability, and require minimal maintenance. You write code that is clean, readable, and straight forward.
You do whatever it takes to add value. You understand the importance of speed in business and have the technical ability to perform in a fast passed environment. You care passionately about your stakeholders and autonomously provide them the data they need.
You have good business and communication skills to be able to work with product owners to understand key business questions, and to build data sets that answer those questions.
You are comfortable juggling competing priorities and handling ambiguity. You thrive in an agile and fast-paced environment on highly visible projects and initiatives.
· Develop software for optimizing data annotation, data processing, and data metrics generation.
· Work closely with engineers, scientists, and linguists specialized in AI data collection to improve and automate the end-to-end data collection workflow holistically.
· Be the pioneer for creating a data pipeline, warehouse and dashboard that will scale and allow huge volume of data to flow fluently between internal and external teams.
Inclusive Team Culture
Here at AWS, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have ten employee-led affinity groups, reaching 40,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences. Amazon’s culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 16 Leadership Principles, which remind team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust.
Our team puts a high value on work-life balance. It isn’t about how many hours you spend at home or at work; it’s about the flow you establish that brings energy to both parts of your life. We believe striking the right balance between your personal and professional life is critical to life-long happiness and fulfillment. We offer flexibility in working hours and encourage you to find your own balance between your work and personal lives.
Mentorship & Career Growth
Our team is dedicated to supporting new members. We have a broad mix of experience levels and tenures, and we’re building an environment that celebrates knowledge sharing and mentorship. We care about your career growth and strive to assign projects based on what will help each team member develop into a better-rounded professional and enable them to take on more complex tasks in the future.
· Bachelor's degree in computer science, software engineering, or a related technical discipline.
· 3+ years of experience as a Data Engineer, Software Engineer, or in a similar role, with a strong background in algorithms.
· Software development experience in an object-oriented programming language, such as C++ or Java.
· Experience with one or more scripting languages, such as Python, Perl, or Ruby.
· Knowledge of software engineering best practices across the development lifecycle, including agile methodologies, coding standards, code reviews, source management, build processes, testing, and operation.
· Knowledge of data management fundamentals and data storage principles.
· Knowledge of distributed systems as it pertains to data storage and computing.
· Industry experience as a Data Engineer, Software Engineer, or related speciality.
· Experience building data products incrementally and integrating and managing datasets from multiple sources.
· Experience in SQL.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us