Do you pioneer ? Do you enjoy breaking down and solving complex problems for the benefit of a quickly expanding customer base, focusing first on our customer and working backwards? If so, the Transport Financial Services (TFS) team is looking for an experienced SDET with a strong record of achieving results, to build the TFS- Self Served UAT Automation framework.
Who are we ?
Transportation Financial Systems (TFS) owns the technology components that perform the financial activities for transportation business. These systems are used across all transportation programs and retail expansion to new geographies. TFS systems provide financial document creation & management, expense auditing, accounting, payments and cost allocation functions. Our new generation products are highly scalable and operate at finer level granularity to reconcile every dollar in transportation financial accounts with zero manual entries or corrections. The goal is to develop global product suite for all freight modes touching every single package movement across Amazon. Our mission is to abstract logistics complexities from financial world and financial complexities from logistics world.
Shipper Experience (ShipX) within TFS is responsible to simplify the on-boarding of shippers to TFS for availing the financial functions. TFS provides auditing, payment, allocation and accounting functions. Goal of the Shipper Experience team is to enable shippers on-board themselves to TFS functions by building self-service systems. Team owns services that are authoritative for manifest ingestion by Shippers. Given the wide variety of shipper use cases, team aims to come up with generalized model that works for all Shipper use cases as well as supporting downstream TFS functions. Our services provide validations and persistence of manifests uploaded by shippers, independent test bed for self-serve, includes re-conciliation capabilities required for automated accounting and flexibility for shippers to manage the configurations required by individual functions of TFS. We are also expanding our offerings to include ML models to preemptively detect the data quality issues, configuration issues which have potentials to bring down the functioning of Amazon’s transport finance. In a nut shell we are a single point of entry into TFS for the clients and hence with the great power comes great responsibility.
What will you own ?
We are building a world class framework to automate the way we do UATs for our clients. We are making it self served and generic enough so that we can expand it beyond TFS. We are looking for SDETs who can help us build this framework and help us grow the test engineering team. We have a vision to further enhance this framework and turn it into a self-serve UAT product.. This product is aligned to TFS bigger vision of making the on-boarding experience of our shippers simpler and fast paced. This product will help TFS to save on the time and resources which are currently required to support any UAT. As this will be completely automated, it will further enhance the quality of UAT.
Here is a quick glimpse of challenges you will be solving
a. How the framework will be generating the data for different usecases ?
b. How that data generation mechanism will be generic enough to create data for any service ?
c. How that data will be ingested to the services and how will it support various integration points ?
d. How the data will be fetched from different service and then how will we validate the data ?
e. How the reporting will be done on the top of this framework ?
f. How we will write the test cases in a system agnostic way ?
· Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or related field
· 5+ years professional experience as a Software Development Engineer in Test (SDET) with strong, object-oriented design and coding skills
· Experience developing automation in at least one of OO languages - Java, C#/C++, Python or web based technologies
· Demonstrated experience in test framework design and development
· Experienced in backend API testing automation.
· Experience in testing software development tool kits or API's
· Experience working with third parties and software development customers
· Strong knowledge of QA methodology and tools, with demonstrated experience in an SDET role
· Deal well with ambiguous/undefined problems; ability to think abstractly leading leading toward a path of practical solutions
· Experience influencing software engineering best practices within your team
· Excellent communication, collaboration, reporting, analytical and problem solving skills
· Comfortable communicating cross-functionally and across management levels in formal and informal settings
· Experienced in Agile or Scrum software development methodologies