Lead scientists and engineers to build intelligent Health and Wellness products on Alexa. Are you interested in innovating on a startup team with the potential to immediately impact millions of customers? Are you passionate about transforming the way customers interact with health and wellness products and services by leveraging the power of AI?
The Alexa Health and Wellness team is seeking a stellar science and tech leader to advance our spoken language understanding models. As head of science for our group, you and your team own building ML and DNN models which light up the products and features being built in Health and Wellness. You will be responsible for leading a nimble organization of data scientists, applied scientist, and software engineers. You will collaborate closely with product and engineering, UX design, business development, and marketing. This is an exciting leadership opportunity with a seat at the table to influence business strategy and speech and language innovation.
Key job responsibilities
• Hire, retain, and grow talent
• Develop and streamline team processes for model development
• Oversee all stages of data acquisition, processing, normalization, and transformation
• Provide scientific and technical guidance to your team
• Build and present science vision and roadmap
• Rally team execute to deliver on goals
• Master’s degree in Research, Computer Science, Applied Mathematics, or a closely related field
• 5+ years of related work experience in areas such as data analytics, data modeling, and machine learning
• 3+ years of direct people management experience
• Experience in managing and quantifying improvement in multiple business areas resulting from business analytics, optimization techniques, and/or statistical modeling
• Knowledge of various machine learning techniques
• Hands on experience with end-to-end product development and delivery
• Strong verbal and written communication skills
• Ability to manage multiple competing priorities at once
• Ph.D. in Research, Computer Science, Applied Mathematics, or a closely related field
• Experience with spoken language understanding systems
• Experience building consumer-facing products
• Experience with healthcare applications and services
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.