This Microsoft Platform Sales Specialist role has responsibility working in our strategic and global accounts space and is part of a Specialist Sales Organization established to position AWS as the best place to run Microsoft-based production workloads. As part of a single-threaded sales team focusing on the Microsoft platform running on AWS, you will be responsible for working with Strategic and Global customers and their existing account teams to qualify and pursue sales opportunities for enterprise application workloads and datacenter migration projects. You will engage with our segment sales, solutions architects, partner and professional services organizations to drive large and highly complex opportunities to closure. These opportunities will include migrating SQL Server, Exchange, SharePoint or SAP applications to the AWS cloud. Your commitments will include quota accountability, driving platform adoption within select accounts, market penetration in new and existing accounts as well as creating public references with customers telling their story about the success they’ve had running their Windows workloads on AWS. You’ll also work closely with the Amazon Partner Network (APN) team and with Amazon’s extensive partner ecosystem to come up with creative ways to scale and grow the business through programs you’ll help coordinate with Systems Integrators and Independent Software Vendors. You’ll be partnering with stakeholders ranging from C-level executives to Technical Decision Makers to help make their cloud migration journey a success.
Our team is dedicated to supporting new members. We have a broad mix of experience levels and tenures, and we’re building an environment that celebrates knowledge sharing and mentorship. We care about your career growth and strive to assign projects based on what will help each team member develop into a better-rounded professional and enable them to take on more complex tasks in the future.
Here at AWS, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have twelve employee-led affinity groups, reaching 40,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and we host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences. Amazon’s culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 14 Leadership Principles, which remind team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust.
Our team also puts a high value on work-life balance. Striking a healthy balance between your personal and professional life is crucial to your happiness and success here, which is why we aren’t focused on how many hours you spend at work or online. Instead, we’re happy to offer a flexible schedule so you can have a more productive and well-balanced life—both in and outside of work.
· 7+ years of sales experience with quota accountability
· Experience in working directly with customers and partners in the technology space (cloud preferred).
· Proven ability to sell complex database, datacenter and cloud technologies
· Fluency with Microsoft Licensing, including License Mobility and Volume Licensing (such as Enterprise Agreements).
· 10+ years of sales or sales management experience
· Experience selling Windows Server, SQL Server or Azure Experience working at Microsoft or a systems integrator partner
· Experience with data center migrations
· BA/BS degree. A technical background in engineering, computer science, or MIS a plus.
· Experience in specialized sales with business and technical decision maker audiences
· Ability to develop and execute strategic plans
· Exceptional communication and presentation skills
· Experience supporting a complex technical sales or specialist sales organization
· Strong verbal and written communications skills
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us
This position can be remote, but candidates must be based near an AWS office location in the Central Region.