Do you want to help fellow developers (App developers) to innovate and serve millions of customers ? Do you enjoy working on SDKs, tools, scalable services and learning systems ? We welcome you to come and innovate with Amazon Appstore Developer Experience and Selection team !
The DevExp and Selection team develops products, services, SDKs, tools for third party mobile app developers to manage their apps on Amazon Appstore as well as build systems to curate catalog of hundreds of thousands of mobile apps to enable them on FTV and Fire Tablet store.
As a Developer, you will:
· Help drive the architecture and technology choices that enable a world-class experience for our developers
· Utilize various metrics sources to deliver rapid iterations of software features
· Solve difficult problems with elegant and practical code
· Raise the bar on quality, consistency, maintainability, efficiency, security and all the other things that make great software
· Be responsible for designing, developing and deploying medium to large sized projects
· Help define engineering best practices
· Be a champion for the user: Insist on the highest standards, create functional and engaging features, and ensure their needs always come first.
· Bachelor Degree in Computer Science or related field
· 1+ years relevant work experience in software development
· Computer Science fundamentals in object-oriented design, data structures, algorithm design, problem solving, and complexity analysis
· Proficiency in at least one modern programming language such as Java, C++, Python or C#
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills
· Excellent problem solving skills.
· Experience with Agile Scrum.
· Experience building complex software systems that have been successfully delivered to customers
· Knowledge of professional software engineering practices & best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations
· Knowledge of important design patterns
· Applying unit testing to reduce testing cycles and production support load
· Ability to take a project from scoping requirements through actual launch of the project
· Experience in communicating with users, other technical teams, and senior management to collect requirements, describe software product features.