The Central AWS Econ team is dedicated to bringing the most trustworthy evidence-based analysis to the most strategic decisions for AWS leadership.
Our studies impact strategic investments, service business model, resource allocation, product priorities and pricing models, go-to-market motions and more.
This economist role partners with AWS business leaders across the organization to define and deliver on economic questions that guide their most strategic decisions. The successful candidate will be a problem solver who enjoys diving into data, is excited by difficult modeling challenges and ambiguous starting points, and possesses strong communication skills to effectively interface and collaborate with product, finance, planning and business teams.
Specific questions include developing supporting economics for new business model, evaluating the relationship between short and long term growth, mapping and affecting the customer journey through different AWS products and cloud technologies.
The Central AWS Econ team is dedicated to answering these (and many more) questions using quantitative, economic and statistical methods.
Key job responsibilities
· Identify and propose impactful economic studies based on business meetings
· Use economic theories to structure ambiguous problems
· Lead / conduct economic studies, including developing and communicating practical implications to senior leadership
· Define proper metrics and assemble unique datasets to test hypotheses
· Develop new repeatable data analysis pipelines to be used by non-economists
· PhD in Economics or closely related field
· 2+ years post PhD experience in conducting economic research
· Proven experience in R, Python, or a related software
· Experience working with an interdisciplinary science and business team
· Experience with business-wide decision support systems
· Superior verbal and written communication and presentation skills, ability to convey rigorous mathematical concepts and considerations to non-experts
· Ability to learn and implement new methods
· Ability to communicate relevant scientific insights from data to non-technical audience
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.