Amazon is looking for a talented, ambitious, and strategic thinking individual to join our People Experience & Technology (PxT) Risk & Compliance team. The Risk & Compliance team is responsible for managing global compliance programs that include inventorying, assessing, controlling and monitoring important labor and employment-related risks where we do business.
This role will fall under the Screening and Contingent Workforce Compliance (S-CWC) team within the larger PxT Risk & Compliance umbrella. The team covers a broad range of employment related obligations and policies centered around criminal background checks, denied party screening, sanctions lists, professional certifications, motor vehicle records and license validation, medical examinations, and drug and alcohol testing for over 2.6M of Amazon’s personnel (employees and non-employees) across 64 countries.
The S-CWC team is responsible for owning, agnostic of worker type, end-to-end compliance management and risk governance across Amazon-controlled Screening programs. This includes researching legal and regulatory obligations with local labor and employment attorneys, working with project teams to translate legal and regulatory obligations into system or process requirements, monitoring the effectiveness of controls designed to meet obligations on a regular, and ongoing basis, and developing and/or advising on remediation plans to mitigate risk. These projects may be driven by new legal requirements, geographies, types of business, solution implementations, or emerging risk issues, among other things.
Key responsibilities include:
· Consult with legal teams and global HR policy, process, business, and system owners to ensure that sound protocols are in place to mitigate employment contingencies.
· Monitor known and emerging risks, measure internal control effectiveness, and develop action items to remediate identified risk issues.
· Develop deep subject matter expertise.
· Consult on the development of business requirements for new system implementations and enhancements.
· Draft written narratives to communicate obligations, risk analyses, and recommendations to business leaders, HR policy, process, and system owners, and other stakeholders.
· Inventory risk and compliance obligations in a governance, risk, and compliance (GRC) system framework.
· Respond clearly and precisely to questions about compliance obligations and troubleshoot issues.
· Manage other HR risk and compliance related projects as needs arise.
The ideal candidate is seeking to work for a highly innovative company and is motivated by the opportunity to participate in the development of new and leading-edge employment-related solutions. The successful candidate is highly organized, ably builds trusting relationships with internal stakeholders at various levels across the organization, adapts quickly to changing demands, demonstrates critical inquiry, attention to details, and the ability to effectively articulate recommendations/conclusions verbally and written. Subject matter expertise in employment contingencies preferred.
· 6+ years of experience in an HR, compliance, or risk management role
· Bachelor’s degree or equivalent level of professional experience.
· MS Office proficiency
· 8+ years of experience in an HR, compliance, or risk management role with a focus on policy/program development, background check programs, and/or international HR
· Advanced degree in a related area (MBA or JD)
· Experience working in a global, large-scale, complex, and fast-paced environment
· Ability to work in an ambiguous environment and drive forward results
· Experience building cross-functional partnerships and influencing stakeholders across the organization to act without having a direct reporting relationship
· Problem solver, able to troubleshoot issues independently or escalate when necessary; sense of accountability and sound professional judgment
· Proven analytical capabilities; experience with large amounts of data and in developing audit reports, metrics, and reporting mechanisms
· Subject matter expertise in employment contingency topics
· Experience managing HR projects and developing HR policies
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills