Interested in being part of a team that’s pushing the bounds of what’s possible with computing?
The AWS Center for Quantum Computing (CQC) is looking for a manager to join our growing software team. You will work closely with our physics team to enable their work measuring novel quantum devices. You will also work cross-functionally with our fabrication and design teams to ensure they have access to the data they need.
We are looking for a manager who can:
· Manage and develop 4-6 junior to senior engineers and grow and engage them on a day-to-day basis
· Drive programs spanning engineering and science teams to deliver operational and performance improvements and capabilities to drive internal research and development
· Work collaboratively with other teams to scope requirements and align responsibilities
· Adapt to an unorthodox scientific/engineering environment
On the AWS CQC software team we value people with a genuine curiosity towards new technologies. Prior experience with quantum computing is not a prerequisite for this role.
At the AWS CQC, we understand that developing quantum computing technology is a marathon, not a sprint. Mental and physical wellness is encouraged within our team and throughout AWS. The work/life integration within Amazon encourages a culture where employees work hard and have ownership over their downtime. We are exploring more structured wellness elements including meditation scheduling, running group meet-ups, and a culture of sharing wellness tips.
Mentorship and Career Growth
We are committed to the growth and development of every member of the Center for Quantum Computing. You will receive career-growth-minded management and mentorship from a software and science team and also have the opportunity to participate in Amazon's mentorship programs. You will work closely with quantum research scientists and have opportunities to learn about quantum computing technology and contribute to the development of scientific software for quantum computing at AWS.
Inclusive and Diverse Culture
Here at AWS, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have ten employee-led affinity groups, reaching 40,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and we host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences. Amazon’s culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 14 Leadership Principles, which remind team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust.
· 4+ years of professional software development experience.
· 2+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems.
· Experience with Python and Julia
· Experience working with scientists in a research environmen
· Experience with AWS tools and services
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us