Amazon Games is looking for a Technical Artist with a passion for bringing state of the art tools to artists and animators, to join our New World team in Sunny Irvine, CA. In New World, players will fight for survival as they explore and conquer the mysterious island of Aeternum. You will have the basic understandings of scripting languages, computer science methodologies and art production packages commonly used in game development. They will work closely with other technical artists, artists of different specialties and animators to understand how best to build the tools necessary to achieve the highest quality content in the most efficient means.
Amazon Games applies the principles of Amazonian culture to the world of game design. We have a diverse team of talented, creative people pairing their love of making games with the unique strengths that come with being part of Amazon. Across all of our teams and locations, we are united by a common purpose: to share great gaming experiences with customers around the world. We believe in a future where everyone is a gamer and everyone can create, compete, collaborate and connect through games, and we are looking for the right people to help us build that future. With the power of Twitch and AWS at your fingertips, you will have the chance to innovate in gameplay, creativity, marketing, and technology, while working alongside some of the smartest and most creative minds in the industry.
· Design, implement and maintain tools for the management and processing of art and animation content according to the direction of senior technical personnel.
· Work closely with animators and game artists to understand their workflows and identify areas for improvement.
· Ability and desire to problem solve and work in the absence of concrete answers or specific direction.
· Must communicate and work well in a team environment with the ability to receive and give feedback.
Inclusive Culture, Work/Life Balance, & Career Growth
Here at AWS, we embrace our differences and are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We offer ten employee-led affinity groups with 190 global chapters, innovative benefits, and annual and ongoing learning experiences (including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences). Our team also puts a high value on work-life balance and offers flexible working hours. We believe striking the right balance between your personal and professional life is critical to life-long happiness and fulfillment. Additionally, our team is dedicated to supporting you with mentorship and pathways for ongoing development. We have a broad mix of experience levels and tenures, and are building an environment that celebrates knowledge sharing and promotes career choice.
· 3+ years of experience creating tools in one or more art production packages used in game development.
· 3+ years of experience writing tools that are used as part of an artist’s workflow.
· Knowledge of Python, maya.cmds and PySide.
· General understanding of computer science principals used in software development
· Stays up to date with trends, software, and technology related to the technical setup of best in class art tools and pipelines.
· Experience with skin binding and weighting in Maya
· SideFx Houdini knowledge a plus.
· Substance designer/designer knowledge a plus.
· OpenMaya and FBXSDK knowledge a plus.
· Self-motivated problem solver.
· Excellent communication, collaboration, interpersonal, and organizational skills.
· Able to accurately estimate the time to complete tasks.
· Understanding of procedural art systems in games.
· Has a passion for games!
· Meets/exceeds Amazon’s leadership principles requirements for this role.
· Meets/exceeds Amazon’s functional/technical depth and complexity for this role.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us