Are you a senior technical leader who wants to own critical, highly scalable systems, and spur innovation? Can you attract and grow the engineering talent needed for those kinds of challenges? Are you skilled at managing complex projects that require interacting with both technical as well as business folks?
The Sunnyvale Ordering Software team, part of eCommerce Services at Amazon, owns backend services that power Amazon eCommerce platform, handling millions of Orders world-wide is growing and we're looking just for you! We're at the intersection of software that can never go down and need to move at agile, internet speed. We're at the hub of Amazon's massive, worldwide service-oriented architecture. We are looking for a Software Development Manager who is excited about leading a talented team to innovate, tackle complex problems and operate a complex and mission critical system under extreme loads.
We’re looking for a technical leader who can own a set of core services, own the architecture and roadmap of these services and own driving Operational Excellence for it. The successful candidate is expected to be a technical manager who can deliver software, who understands and sets a high bar for all parts of the software development and deployment life cycle including: design, development, documentation, testing and operations. You must possess strong verbal and written communication skills, be self-driven and deliver high quality results in a fast-paced environment. We're looking for people who are smart and can get things done.
· 7+ years of experience working directly with engineering teams
· Experience in partnering with product and program management teams
· 3+ years of people management experience, managing engineers
· Experience building complex software systems that have been successfully delivered to customers
· Knowledge of professional software engineering practices & best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations
· Ability to take a project from scoping requirements through actual launch of the project