Prime Video (PV) is a premium entertainment service that offers customers the greatest choices in what to watch, and how to watch it. PV delivers movies and TV shows instantly to TVs, tablets, game consoles and PCs worldwide. This is a young and evolving business within Amazon where creativity and drive can have a lasting impact on the way video is enjoyed worldwide. You will be encouraged to see the big picture, be creative, and positively impact millions of customers. We’re building the future of TV—yes, it’s challenging, but it’s also a lot of fun.
The Prime Video International (PVI) Expansion team is looking for high energy and experienced technical program manager to help us build the future of digital video entertainment services. PVI is a team that was created to rapidly localize, scale and expand our services world-wide with the mission to make Prime Video the most loved video entertainment service by the over 700MM international internet enabled households across 200+ countries and territories around the world.
A successful Technical Program Manager candidate will have a strong technical ability, great communication skills, ability to collaborate with diverse technical teams within and outside the org, a motivation to achieve results in a fast-paced environment, high creativity, great analytical reasoning skills, and, of course, a passion for TV and movies.
· Experience managing projects across cross functional teams, building sustainable processes and coordinating release schedules
· 7+ years of experience working directly with engineering teams
· 5+ years of technical program management experience
· Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Computer Science or related technical field.
· Architectural design or system design experience independent of an architect· Experience driving roadmap strategy and definition
· Experience conceptualizing complex interrelated applications and system platforms, as well as the ability to communicate those systems to non-technical team members and business partners.
· Excellent cross-organizational verbal and written communication skills to provide status and manage expectations.
· Master’s degree in computer science, engineering, or a related technical discipline.
· Deep technical, analytical and quantitative skills with the ability to use data and metrics to back up assumptions, recommendations, and drive decisions.
· Experience in taking complex products global while working with multiple technical, business and product teams across organizations
· Strong customer focus and pragmatic decision-making
· Experience with large scale systems
· Strong business and technical vision
· Experience working in an agile development environment
· Ability to operate and thrive with partial information and ambiguity