Are you passionate to join an innovative team of scientists who use machine learning and statistical techniques to create state-of-the-art solutions to help Selling Partners and Customers on Amazon? Want to work on the business that is the lifeblood of Amazon? Selling on Amazon is one of the fastest growing businesses at Amazon.com and empowers millions of entrepreneurs worldwide. Our team will invent and innovate across technology, processes and people to grow the program, improve engagement and satisfaction and enable scalable solutions.
We are looking for an Economist to lead us to identify data-driven insight and opportunities to improve our seller recruitment strategy and drive new seller success. As a successful economist on our talented team of scientists and engineers, you will solve complex problems to identify actionable opportunities, and collaborate with engineering, research, and business teams for future innovation. You need to be a sophisticated user of econometric models and advanced quantitative techniques for answering specific business questions, and an expert at synthesizing and communicating insights and recommendations to audiences of varying levels of technical sophistication. You will continue to contribute to the research community, by working with economists and scientists across Amazon, as well as collaborating with academic researchers and publishing papers (www.aboutamazon.com/research).
What you'll do:
· Provide data-driven guidance and recommendations on strategic questions posed by the NSS leadership.
· Design and analysis of account coverage experiments and define and analyze success metrics across sales team optimization, marketing and new seller education and recommendation programs.
. Conduct, direct, and coordinate all phases of research projects, demonstrating skill in all stages of the analysis process, including defining key research questions, recommending measures, working with multiple data sources, evaluating methodology and design, executing analysis plans, interpreting and communicating results.
· Provide technical and scientific guidance to your team members, both junior and senior.
· Communicate effectively with senior management as well as with colleagues from science, engineering, and business backgrounds.
· PhD in Economics or closely related field
· Experience in pricing-related analytics
· Track record in performing high-quality analysis of big data
· Track record of driving change based on persuasive communication of insights based on analysis.
· Experience incubating new analytic approaches working closely with research scientists, economists, software developers and product managers from conception through implementation.
· Written and verbal communication skills to convey complicated processes and systems to business partners and senior leadership.
· Proficiency in R/Python