Prime Gaming is looking for a creative, demonstrated, Senior Technical Program Manager with excellent technical, problem solving, and communication skills to join our team. You will use deep technical and software expertise, strong project management skills, and good judgment to have an industry wide impact. You will know how to influence and motivate others to get the right things done within a fast moving environment so that we can rapidly deliver solutions for our customers.
The ideal candidate for this role possesses leadership qualities including being proactive, thoughtful, thorough, effective, flexible, and conducting themselves professionally and with integrity at all times. As a Senior Technical Program Manager, you will find clear paths through roadblocks, provide escalation management, anticipate and make tradeoffs, and balance the business needs versus technical constraints. You will have an ability to take large, complex programs and break them down into manageable pieces, develop functional and technical user stories, then deliver them in a successful and timely manner. Maturity, high judgment, negotiation skills, ability to influence, analytical thinking and leadership are essential to success in this role.
In this role, you will:
· Lead planning, execution and delivery of engineering projects across multiple organizations and teams, i.e. you will break down complex business requirements into manageable projects, write functional specifications, contribute to system design, solve complex technical problems, interface with multiple organizations and teams, and deliver solutions in a successful, agile, and timely manner
· Own communication for technical delivery across these projects with senior leadership and across partner organizations
· Anticipate bottlenecks and balance business needs versus technical constraints to move these projects forward quickly
· Track resource allocation for all projects across all technical teams and keep the overall program roadmap balanced. Prioritize investments in partnership with Product Managers and Business Stakeholders
About Amazon Games
Amazon Games applies the principles of Amazonian culture to the world of game design. We have a diverse team of talented, creative people pairing their love of making games with the unique strengths that come with being part of Amazon. Across all of our teams and locations, we are united by a common purpose: to share great gaming experiences with customers around the world. We believe in a future where everyone is a gamer and everyone can create, compete, collaborate and connect through games, and we are looking for the right people to help us build that future. With the power of Twitch and AWS at your fingertips, you will have the chance to innovate in gameplay, creativity, marketing, and technology, while working alongside some of the smartest and most creative minds in the industry.
Inclusive Culture, Work/Life Balance, & Career Growth
We embrace our differences and are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We offer ten employee-led affinity groups with 190 global chapters, innovative benefits, and annual and ongoing learning experiences (including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences). Our team also puts a high value on work-life balance and offers flexible working hours. We believe striking the right balance between your personal and professional life is critical to life-long happiness and fulfillment. Additionally, our team is dedicated to supporting you with mentorship and pathways for ongoing development. We have a broad mix of experience levels and tenures, and are building an environment that celebrates knowledge sharing and promotes career choice.
· Bachelor's Degree in Engineering, Computer Science, Mathematics or related Field, or equivalent experience in Technical Program Management
· 5+ years of program management experience in technical, cross-organization and cross-team projects prioritizing competing demands, scoping efforts and negotiating timelines
· 5+ years of experience working directly with engineering teams
· Master's degree in Engineering, Computer Science or MBA
· PMP and CSM certifications
· 8+ years of Technical Program Management experience in large, cross functional projects
· Experience with designing technical solutions - broad technical breadth and depth including web services and back-end application infrastructure
· Proven results-oriented person with a focus on delivery
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.