Join us as we revolutionize publishing! Help us achieve our vision of making every creative work available to everyone in the world. The Kindle Direct Publishing team is looking for a skilled Front End Engineer for its Insights and Reporting team. Our mission is to make Amazon the Publishing company of choice for all authors, from the most elite, to the ones making a living income from writing, to the ones newly venturing into writing and publishing. We are working on revolutionary new products that will be a game changer for authors and publishers.
You will own user experiences used daily by millions of authors around the world. You will partner with UX designers, product managers, and tech leaders to build build polished, easily understandable and highly interactive interfaces using modern technologies like React. You should have strong leadership qualities, bias for action, great judgment, good communication skills, and a track record of delivering resilient production ready products. You should also have great problem-solving skills, and confidence in and growing your skills in AWS technologies, including Kinesis, Lambda, DynamoDB, and S3.
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation
· Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or related technical discipline (or equivalent experience).
· 2+ years of professional front-end development.
· Skilled with common front-end technologies such as HTML, CSS, JS, TypeScript, and Node
· Experience in one or more relevant front-end frameworks such as React.
· Solid coding practices including peer code reviews, unit testing, and a preference for agile development.
· Masters degree in CS or an engineering discipline
· 5+ years of professional front end development.
· Ability to rapidly prototype and adjust in response to customer feedback
· Strong problem solving and troubleshooting skills.
· Experience with building reusable UX components or libraries.
· Strong and proven UX implementation skills.
· Experience with developing scalable, distributed, front-end systems.
· 2+ years of designing web architecture and/or frameworks, proficient in React front-end frameworks.
· Experience with both data technologies
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us