Working at Amazon Robotics
Are you inspired by invention? Is problem solving through teamwork in your DNA? Do you like the idea of seeing how your work impacts the bigger picture? Answer yes to any of these and you’ll fit right in here at Amazon Robotics. We are a smart team of doers that work passionately to apply cutting edge advances in robotics and software to solve real-world challenges that will transform our customers’ experiences in ways we can’t even imagine yet. We invent new improvements every day. We are Amazon Robotics and we will give you the tools and support you need to invent with us in ways that are rewarding, fulfilling, and fun.
We’re looking for an Applied Scientist who will research, design, and implement machine learning solutions to unsolved, real world problems at Amazon Robotics.
As an Applied Scientist working on a new generation of Amazon Robotics' Fulfillment Workcells, you will be part of an exciting, diverse, inter-disciplinary team that is transforming Amazon’s global Fulfillment network. Our customer is at the center of everything that we do. We are merging human and machine capabilities to deliver a cutting edge, collaborative experience that optimizes safety and ergonomics, job satisfaction, and efficiency. The team is responsible for designing and deploying full-stack software systems using AWS that are scalable, reliable, and performant at Amazon scale with AI (Machine Learning, Data Science, Computer Vision, etc.) at the core.
Come collaborate with us and develop pioneering applications in a highly exciting and innovative environment where your solutions will impact tens of thousands of users for every minute of their working day!
Inclusive Team Culture
Here at Amazon, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have 12 affinity groups (employee resource groups) with more than 87,000 employees across hundreds of chapters around the world. We have innovative benefit offerings, and host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences. Amazon’s culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 14 Leadership Principles, which reminds team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust.
It isn’t about which hours you spend at home or at work; it’s about the flow you establish that brings energy to both parts of your life. We offer flexibility and encourage you to find your own balance between your work and personal lives.
Mentorship & Career Growth
We care about your career growth too. Whether your goals are to explore new technologies, take on bigger opportunities, or get to the next level, we'll help you get there. Our business is growing fast and our people will grow with it.
· PhD in Engineering, Technology, Computer Science, Mathematics or a related quantitative field.
· Relevant Industry or Academic applied research experience applying Machine Learning to solve complex problems in industry.
· Strong algorithm development experience.
· Experience programming in Java, C++, Python or any other related programming language and experience building high-quality, scalable production software.
· Strong fundamentals in problem solving, algorithm design and complexity analysis.
· Ability to work on a diverse team or with a diverse range of coworkers.
· PhD and 1+ years of relevant industry or academic applied research experience applying Machine Learning to solve complex problems in industry.
· Deep knowledge and practical experience in several of the following areas: machine learning, statistics, deep learning, recommendation systems, dialogue systems, information retrieval
· Proven track record in technical leadership and mentoring.
· Excellent verbal and written communication and presentation skills, ability to convey rigorous mathematical concepts and considerations to non-experts.
· Strong personal interest in learning, researching, and creating new technologies with high customer impact.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us. We believe passionately that employing a diverse workforce is central to our success and we make recruiting decisions based on your experience and skills. We welcome applications from all members of society irrespective of age, gender, disability, sexual orientation, race, religion or belief.