Are you a passionate scientist in the area of computer vision and machine learning who aspires to develop new and innovative technologies in new product categories? Are you interested in applying your deep knowledge to new and challenging areas? Are you looking to scale capabilities in computer vision and machine learning to new workload sizes? Are you up to the task of delivering innovative and scalable technology that manages automated recognition of millions of items?
If so, we are looking for an Applied Scientist to join our Devices team, whose mission is to push the frontier of computer vision and machine learning technology into the smart home application area. This is a great opportunity for you to innovate in this space by developing algorithms at the edge and in the cloud, and integrating them into consumer services to enable a premium customer experience. In this role, you will be an owner of the full algorithm development cycle, from sensor evaluation and data engineering to algorithm design, implementation, optimization and deployment. This position also requires experience with developing efficient software components on resource-constrained computing platforms on the edge. You will collaborate with different Amazon teams to make informed decisions on the best practices in machine learning to build highly-optimized integrated hardware and software platforms.
· Apply best practices to investigate, acquire, process and analyze data sources for algorithm development
· Research and implement the state-of-the-art methods in computer vision and machine learning to deliver algorithms that meets product specifications
· Design, build algorithm evaluation frameworks, and schedule and report algorithm performance on a regular basis
· Optimize and deploy algorithms on target hardware platforms
· Establish, develop, and maintain frameworks and procedures for image sensor selection and evaluation and image quality monitoring
· Influence system design by making informed decisions on the selection of data sources, algorithms, and sensors
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
· PhD or equivalent Master's Degree plus 4+ years of experience in CS, CE, ML or related field
· 2+ years of experience of building machine learning models for business application
· Experience programming in Java, C++, Python or related language
· 2+ years of experience in C++/Python
· Experience with ROS, Unity, OpenGL
· Proven track record of innovation in creating novel algorithms and advancing the state-of-the-art
· Experience with Linux/embedded devices
· Ability to juggle multiple priorities and make things happen quickly
· Exceptional writing and verbal communications skills