Amazon Payment Services (APS) is regional expert in payments processing technology and solutions across major markets in the GCC, operating in the UAE, Saudi Arabia, Egypt, Lebanon, Jordan, Oman, Kuwait, and Qatar. We design and develop our services to make it as easy as possible for businesses to process and manage online payments with our simple, secure, and innovative payment solutions.
To support this critical mission, we are hiring a Senior Program Manager, Payment Operations to build and lead our Payment Operations team, a key pillar in our broader Business Operations organization. The scope will also include leading medium to large size programs for cross-functional teams focused on the delivery of a new feature, service, product, or system.
Payments Operations team of APS works very closely with some of our largest and most complex merchants, acquiring banks, processors, issuing banks & various strategic partners to help them scale their businesses with Amazon Payment Services.
· Manage and lead the Payment Operations team of APS which scales to thousands of merchants, millions of customers & billions of transactions.
· Recruit and develop a multi-geo team of Technical Account Managers based in UAE, KSA & EGY. Inspire, motivate, and enable individual development & promote career growth of the team.
· Set up & manage performance metrics such as 3rd Party uptime, onboarding time, Payment Success rate, etc. for all merchants, partners & payment methods.
· Drive automation of manual efforts of end-to-end business processes.
· Deliver medium to large scale cross-functional projects from initiation through delivery.
· Understand how the payment systems works from the core to recommend business actions based on the analytical findings.
· Manage merchant on-boarding operations to simplify merchants onboarding experience in collaboration with APS’s Business & Account management teams.
· Oversee day-to-day operations & set up mechanisms/processes to monitor payment success rates 24x7 across banks, partners, merchants and improve the same through operational excellence.
· Become SME (subject matter expert) for existing payments technologies as well as new technologies as they emerge.
· Conduct frequent knowledge transfer and training sessions/ workshops/ webinars for the team/ merchants/ partners to consistently raise the bar in terms of payments skills & knowledge.
· Collaborate deeply with APS's Strategic and Regional Partnership Team to consistently improve & influence operational relationships and performance with our partners.
· Work with APS’s Business Intelligence team to set up real-time performance dashboards & reports.
· Partner with APS's Product and Engineering teams to build processes to better incorporate our largest and most complex merchants' needs into our product roadmap.
· Write, review and modify SOPs and other relevant documentation time to time.
The successful candidate will:
· Demonstrate intense Customer/merchant focus and highest level of integrity, intellectual honesty, and strong work ethic.
· Be sharp, analytical, and thoughtful. Thoroughly thinks through problems to come up with solutions.
· Proven ability to successfully thrive in an ambiguous environment and changing market conditions.
· Takes initiative. Doesn't wait to be asked. Plans efficiently while avoiding analysis paralysis.
· Strong team player, acts like an owner, and ultimately focused on delivering results with high standards.
· High attention to detail and proven ability to manage multiple, competing priorities simultaneously.
· Superior verbal and written communications skills; particularly, the ability to deliver analysis in a clear and actionable format. Deliver effective documents, presentations of findings and recommendations to multiple levels of stakeholders.
· Bachelor’s Degree in relevant field
· 10+ years of payments experience is must
· 7+ years of experience in program management, project management, building processes.
· 5+ years of people management experience
· Proven understanding of banking & payment operations, tools and technologies.
· Strong knowledge of processor connectivity (MPGS, MIGS, CyberSource), PSPs, Payment methods, acquiring banks, MSO set-up, MID configurations, Settlement cycle, card issuance etc.
· Demonstrated ability to engage and influence diverse teams without authority.
· Hands-on experience developing and driving programs or projects with tight schedules and multiple dependencies.
· Strong analytical and quantitative skills; ability to use data and metrics to back up assumptions, recommendations, and drive actions
· Proven understanding of operational risk and an ability to develop solutions mitigating the same
· Good communication and interpersonal skills
· MBA from a Premier institute
· SQL Proficiency
· Arabic speaking