Amazon’s network is a key differentiator for Amazon Cloud Computing and Web Services (AWS), enabling the global operation of thousands of applications across hundreds of thousands of servers worldwide. The AWS Networking team develops and operates the network platform for all of Amazon including e-commerce products and cloud computing solutions. This platform is industry-leading for its efficiency, performance, reliability and scale and it is critical to the success of all AWS customers.
AWS Networking is looking for a Sr. Research Scientist to drive innovation in Network Performance. A successful candidate will have deep expertise with transport protocol design, network hardware forwarding design and services running on top of datacenters. You will join a high impact team of senior engineers that own measuring and improving the performance of our hyperscale data center networks. You will work closely with our internal and external customers to understand their expectation on network performance and work backwards to meet their expectations. You will design and deliver innovative solutions that drive ever greater experiences for our customers. This role is a tremendous opportunity to invent and deliver game changing network solutions that directly benefit millions of customers.
You will work with our engineers, managers and leaders, who are innovators and builders at heart; come join us and become integral to the technology company that is the past, present and future of Cloud Computing.
· BS in Electrical Engineering or Computer Science
· 8+ years research experience on network software or systems
· 5+ years of experience with network transport protocols, network hardware and network designs
· 5+ years of experience with formulating and solving predictive modeling, machine learning, statistical modeling problem
· 5+ years of experience programming with a mathematical programming language such as R, MATLAB, and a major programming language such as Python, C++/C
· MS/PhD in CS/EE or equivalent
· Prior work experience and/or academic research on network performance
· Experience on transport protocol performance optimization on throughput, latency, etc.
· Experience working in very large-scale problems and applying simple solutions that demonstrate deep understanding of the problems
· Experience designing/developing software for networking
· Experience analyzing large data sets
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us//.