Amazon Worldwide Advertising is one of Amazon's fastest growing and most profitable businesses. The Advertiser Experience (AX) group owns the experience of the advertiser from the moment they decide to engage with our platform through the full lifecycle of self-service advertising management. This includes campaign building and management, advertising analytics and visualizations, and insightful recommendations. We are passionate about building scalable, well-designed software services, and strive to constantly improve our technical foundation and user experience.
We are looking for a Front End Engineer to help us build the next generation of self-service advertising tools. We are seeking that rare combination of solid coding background, good design sense, an aptitude to apply cutting edge technologies at scale, and a willingness to challenge the status quo and raise the bar on every service and feature we build.
The ideal candidate will be passionate about quality, consistency, maintainability, performance, security and all the other things that make great software great. They will own the design and implementation of major deliverables end-to-end. This position requires collaboration with fellow software engineers, UX designers, product managers, technical program managers, and partner teams, necessitating a comfort-level with ambiguity and a desire to create, iterate and improve.
- Undergraduate degree in Computer Science or related discipline; or equivalent experience (based on 3 years of relevant work experience for every 1 year of education)
- 2+ years professional experience in large-scale front-end software development
- Strong Computer Science fundamentals in data structures, algorithm design, and problem solving
- Experience in an agile software development methodology
- Ability to convert a design document into a working service with no loss in fidelity
- Experience developing front-end software, with deep experience in one or more relevant front-end frameworks (e.g.: React, Vue, Angular, etc.)
- Strong CSS skills
- Experience influencing professional software engineering practices for shipping and supporting great software services
- Experience mentoring other software engineers to improve their skills and make them more effective and productive
- Strong advocacy of agile engineering practices
- Success with continuous integration and deployment practices
- Familiarity with the online advertising or e-commerce industry
- General awesomeness in software engineering and life