Are you an MS or PhD student interested in Robotics, Computer Vision, Machine Learning? Do you enjoy diving deep into hard technical problems and coming up with solutions that enable successful products that improve the lives of people in a meaningful way?
At Amazon Robotics, we strive to push boundaries in order to provide the best possible experience for our customers. We are looking for scientists striving to use their domain expertise to invent, design, evangelize, and implement state-of-the-art solutions for never-before-solved problems. As an Applied Scientist, you will have access to large datasets with billions of images and video to build large-scale machine learning systems. Additionally, you will analyze and model terabytes of text, images, and other types of data to solve real-world problems and translate business and functional requirements into quick prototypes or proofs of concept.
As an Applied Scientist, you will work from concept through to execution. This role will give you the opportunity to build tools and support structures needed to analyze data, dive deep to resolve root cause of systems errors and changes, and present findings to business partners to drive improvements.
Come build the future with us.
· PhD in a relevant field
· 3+ years of relevant academic research or industry experience in developing algorithms and building models
· Depth and breadth in state-of-the-art approaches for at least one of machine learning, robotic grasping, or learning from demonstration
· Ability to code algorithm prototypes independently and refine in simulation
· Working knowledge of analysis of algorithms and computational complexity
· Scientific mindset and the ability to invent
· Track record of thought leadership and contributions that have advanced their field
· Drive to see projects through from research concept to working production software
· Excellent creative problem solving skills
· Experience with programming languages such as Java, C++, and Python
· Strong written and verbal communication skills
· Demonstrated ability to influence and drive the technical direction of cross-functional teams
· Fluency in a statistical software package such as R, Stata, and Matlab
· Experience with SageMaker and Amazon Web Services