Amazon is investing heavily in building world-class brand shopping experiences to define and deliver a collection of brand shopping products that drive long-term customer value. In particular, Amazon Sponsored Brands (SB) owns a mid-funnel ad product dedicated for brand owners and brand shoppers. We empower brands of all shapes and sizes to attract shoppers in the research and consideration phases of their shopping journey, through visually stunning, inspiring and relevant sponsored shopping experiences. In doing so, we deliver billions of ad impressions and millions of clicks daily, but are only just getting started.
The Brand Understanding team focuses on brand research and the understanding of query, shopper, and ASIN from a brand point of view. We advance brand understanding for Amazon to facilitate better brand shopping and brand building. We advance brand understanding via innovations in the fields of natural language processing, deep learning, graph science, and computer vision. We share those brand understanding signals through our brand data service Nota to downstream teams across Amazon. In particular, we are the main science contributor to Sponsored Brands, a fast-growing ad product focusing on brand shopping and brand building experiences.
As a Senior Applied Scientist (Tech Leader) you will:
· Be a technical leader in Machine Learning and drive full life-cycle Machine Learning projects.
· Innovate models (NLP and Computer Vision) and algorithms for brand understanding, brand shopping, and brand advertising for Amazon.
· Lead technical efforts within this team and across other teams.
· Build machine learning models, perform proof-of-concept, experiment, optimize, and deploy your models into production.
· Run A/B experiments, gather data, and perform statistical analysis.
· Establish scalable, efficient, automated processes for large-scale data analysis, machine-learning model development, model validation and serving.
· Work closely with software engineers to assist in productionizing your ML models.
· Research new and innovative machine learning approaches.
· Recruit Applied Scientists to the team and mentor scientists on the team.
Why you will love this opportunity: Amazon is investing heavily in building a world-class advertising business. This team defines and delivers a collection of advertising products that drive discovery and sales. Our solutions generate billions in revenue and drive long-term growth for Amazon’s Retail and Marketplace businesses. We deliver billions of ad impressions, millions of clicks daily, and break fresh ground to create world-class products. We are a highly motivated, collaborative, and fun-loving team with an entrepreneurial spirit - with a broad mandate to experiment and innovate.
Impact and Career Growth: You will invent new experiences and influence customer-facing shopping experiences to help suppliers grow their retail business and the auction dynamics that leverage native advertising; this is your opportunity to work within the fastest-growing businesses across all of Amazon! Define a long-term science vision for our advertising business, driven from our customers' needs, translating that direction into specific plans for research and applied scientists, as well as engineering and product teams. This role combines science leadership, organizational ability, technical strength, product focus, and business understanding.
Team video https://youtu.be/zD_6Lzw8raE
· PhD degree with 4 years of applied research experience or a Masters degree and 6+ years of experience of applied research experience
· 3+ years of experience in building machine learning models for business application
· Experience programming in Java, C++, Python or related language
· Research and working experiences with deep learning in the area of natural language processing (NLP) or computer vision (CV
· Published research work in academic conferences or industry circles.
· Experience in building large-scale machine-learning models and infra for online recommendation, ads ranking, personalization, or search, etc.
· Technical leadership in machine learning.
· Effective verbal and written communication skills with non-technical and technical audiences.
· Experience working with real-world data sets and building scalable models from big data.
· Thinks strategically, but stays on top of tactical execution.
· Exhibits excellent business judgment; balances business, product, and technology very well.
· Experience in computational advertising.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us