Amazon is investing heavily in building world-class brand shopping experiences to define and deliver a collection of brand shopping products that drive long-term customer value. In particular, Amazon Sponsored Brands (SB) owns a mid-funnel ad product dedicated for brand owners and brand shoppers. We empower brands of all shapes and sizes to attract shoppers in the research and consideration phases of their shopping journey, through visually stunning, inspiring and relevant sponsored shopping experiences. In doing so, we deliver billions of ad impressions and millions of clicks daily, but are only just getting started.
· Innovate models (NLP and Computer Vision) and algorithms for brand understanding, brand shopping, and brand advertising for Amazon.
· Design, develop, and deploy machine learning solutions, communicate science insights, and execute strategic projects.
· Work with engineering and business partners to productionize machine learning artifacts. Innovate deep learning, natural language processing, and computer vision techniques to connect shoppers with brands or brand ads via shopper intent understanding.
· Ownership of end-to-end machine learning solutions.
Why you will love this opportunity: Amazon is investing heavily in building a world-class advertising business. This team defines and delivers a collection of advertising products that drive discovery and sales. Our solutions generate billions in revenue and drive long-term growth for Amazon’s Retail and Marketplace businesses. We deliver billions of ad impressions, millions of clicks daily, and break fresh ground to create world-class products. We are a highly motivated, collaborative, and fun-loving team with an entrepreneurial spirit - with a broad mandate to experiment and innovate.
Impact and Career Growth: You will invent new experiences and influence customer-facing shopping experiences to help suppliers grow their retail business and the auction dynamics that leverage native advertising; this is your opportunity to work within the fastest-growing businesses across all of Amazon! Define a long-term science vision for our advertising business, driven from our customers' needs, translating that direction into specific plans for research and applied scientists, as well as engineering and product teams. This role combines science leadership, organizational ability, technical strength, product focus, and business understanding.
Team video https://youtu.be/zD_6Lzw8raE
· PhD or equivalent Master's Degree plus 4+ years of experience in CS, CE, ML or related field
· 2+ years of experience of building machine learning models for business application
· Experience programming in Java, C++, Python or related language
· Published research work in academic conferences or industry circles.
· Experience in building large-scale machine-learning models and infra for online recommendation, ads ranking, personalization, or search, etc.
· Effective verbal and written communication skills with non-technical and technical audiences.
· Experience working with large real-world data sets and building scalable models from big data.
· Thinks strategically, but stays on top of tactical execution.
· Exhibits excellent business judgment; balances business, product, and technology very well.
· Experience in computational advertising.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us