Want to work in a start-up environment with the resources of Amazon behind you? Do you want to have direct and immediate impact on millions of customers every day? If you are a self-starter, passionate about machine learning, deep learning, big data systems, enjoy designing and implementing new features and machine learned models, and intrigued by ambiguous problems, look no further.
Amazon is investing in building a world class advertising business and we are responsible for defining and delivering a self-service display advertising product that drive discovery and sales across multi channels (onsite, offsite, mobile, desktop). Our products are strategically important to our Retail and Marketplace businesses driving long term growth. We deliver billions of ad impressions and millions of clicks daily and are breaking fresh ground to create world-class product. We are highly motivated, collaborative and team. We are growing at an unprecedented rate with a seemingly endless range of new opportunities.
The charter of the Sponsored Display Ads team is to enable all advertisers (vendors, seller brand owners, authors, traders, agencies and software solution providers) to grow their brand and business on and off Amazon via multi-channel advertising at scale. We are building a nimble science team who are passionate about applying advanced ML and statistical techniques to solve real-world, ambiguous and complex challenges to optimize and improve the product performance.
As science leader on this team you will be involved in every aspect of the process - from idea generation, business analysis and scientific research, through to development and deployment of advanced models - giving you a real sense of ownership. The systems that you help to build will operate at massive scale to display ads to customers around the world. From day one, you will be working with experienced scientists, engineers, and designers who love what they do. We are looking for Senior Applied Scientist who can help us take our products to the next level who has deep passion for building machine-learning solutions, ability to communicate data insights and scientific vision, and a proven track record of execute complex projects.
As an Senior Applied Scientist in Sponsored Display, you will:
· Conduct hands-on data analysis, build large-scale machine-learning models and pipelines
· Work closely with software engineers on detailed requirements, technical designs and implementation of end-to-end solutions in production
· Run regular A/B experiments, gather data, perform statistical analysis, and communicate the impact to senior management
· Establish scalable, efficient, automated processes for large-scale data analysis, machine-learning model development, model validation and serving
· Provide technical leadership, research new machine learning approaches to drive continued scientific innovation
· Be a member of the Amazon-wide Machine Learning Community, participating in internal and external seminars and conferences
· Help attract and recruit technical talent
Why you will love this opportunity: Amazon is investing heavily in building a world-class advertising business. This team defines and delivers a collection of advertising products that drive discovery and sales. Our solutions generate billions in revenue and drive long-term growth for Amazon’s Retail and Marketplace businesses. We deliver billions of ad impressions, millions of clicks daily, and break fresh ground to create world-class products. We are a highly motivated, collaborative, and fun-loving team with an entrepreneurial spirit - with a broad mandate to experiment and innovate.
Impact and Career Growth: You will invent new experiences and influence customer-facing shopping experiences to help suppliers grow their retail business and the auction dynamics that leverage native advertising; this is your opportunity to work within the fastest-growing businesses across all of Amazon! Define a long-term science vision for our advertising business, driven from our customers' needs, translating that direction into specific plans for research and applied scientists, as well as engineering and product teams. This role combines science leadership, organizational ability, technical strength, product focus, and business understanding.
Team video https://youtu.be/zD_6Lzw8raE
· PhD degree with 4 years of applied research experience or a Masters degree and 6+ years of experience of applied research experience
· 3+ years of experience in building machine learning models for business application
· Experience programming in Java, C++, Python or related language
· Published research work in academic conferences or industry circles.
· Experience in building large-scale machine-learning models and infra for online recommendation, ads ranking, personalization, or search, etc.
· Technical leadership in machine learning.
· Effective verbal and written communication skills with non-technical and technical audiences.
· Experience working with real-world data sets and building scalable models from big data.
· Thinks strategically, but stays on top of tactical execution.
· Exhibits excellent business judgment; balances business, product, and technology very well.
· Experience in computational advertising.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us