Are you seeking an environment where you can drive innovation? Do you want to apply machine learning techniques and advanced statistical modeling to solve real world problems to help Amazon reach and delight millions of customers around the world? Do you want to play a crucial role in the future of Amazon?
Every time an Amazon customer makes an order they leverage the most advanced and sophisticated supply chain the world has ever seen, Amazon Operations, and its global network comprising of cutting edge software, fulfillment centers, sort centers, delivery stations, airports, customer service centers, physical stores, robots, airplanes, trucks, vans, trucks, world class employees, trusted partners, and more. Conducting a symphony of this scale comes with significant costs.
Here in WW Consumer Controllership Data Science our scientists raise the bar on our ability to fulfill promises to customers at greater convenience, speed, and value through:
· Leveraging a large repository of supply chain data to develop models to classify, forecast, or detect anomalous costs.
· Working with technical and non-technical customers across every step of data science project life cycle.
· Collaborating with our dedicated product, data engineering, and software development teams to create production implementations for large-scale data analysis.
· Developing an understanding of key business metrics / KPIs and providing clear, compelling analysis that shapes the direction of our business.
· Presenting research results to our internal research community.
· Leading training and informational sessions on our science and capabilities.
Your contributions will be seen and recognized broadly within Amazon, potentially contributing to the Amazon research corpus and patent portfolio.
· Bachelor's Degree
· 5+ years of experience with data scripting languages (e.g SQL, Python, R etc.) or statistical/mathematical software (e.g. R, SAS, or Matlab)
· 4+ years working as a Data Scientist
· Degree in data science, mathematics, statistics, computer science, engineering, economics or related analytical field
· BS with 8+ years experience/MS or above with 4+ years experience in an analytical role involving data extraction, data exploration, statistical modeling, and communicating findings
· Experience in developing consumer credit/risk models and/or fraud detection
· Experience in development/implementation of ERP solutions
· Can demonstrate expertise in a scripting language such as Python
· Can demonstrate expertise in statistical programming with Python, SAS, R, Matlab, and/or Stata
· Can demonstrate expertise in data querying languages (e.g. SQL, Hadoop/Hive)
· Can demonstrate expertise in Microsoft Excel
· Can demonstrate expertise in processing, filtering, and presenting large quantities (Millions to Billions of rows) of data
· Can demonstrate expertise in working with Machine Learning/Deep Learning to solve real world problems
· Experience working with or as part of data science teams
· Experience working with or as part of software development teams
· Experience working with or as part of finance teams
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.