About OpsTech IT
Operations is at the heart of Amazon’s business. We are known for our speed, accuracy, and exceptional service. Our buildings deliver tens of thousands of products to hundreds of countries worldwide, every day. OpsTech IT provides nonstop global IT support to Amazon Operations as a vital piece to the puzzle. We are looking for self-motivated individuals to take on new challenges and motivate teams in fostering solutions to the hurdles we face. Together, we take ownership for what we do — whether supporting IT infrastructure, developing new technology in-house, launching a new Amazon Operations facility, or delighting our customers by delivering packages directly to them.OpsTech IT provides 24x7 global IT support to Amazon Operations, including Fulfillment, Sortation, Logistics, and Last Mile.
About The Role
Ops Tech IT Support Engineers will be responsible for utilizing their skills to provide assistance to the operations team in resolving technical problems within these sites that cover a multitude of technical disciplines. The IT Support Engineers position is the first level of support for the operations of the Amazon Sites and becomes the voice and face of the IT department to our customers. Amazon seeks individuals who are willing to Work Hard, Have Fun, and join us in making Worldwide History.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
Maintenance of IT equipment throughout the Fullfillment sites.
Troubleshooting of all IT related equipment such as PCs, wireless handheld devices, thin clients, printers and other end user devices.
Manage RMA and repair process for all devices under warranty.
Support the Senior Engineers in daily projects and activities as directed.
All IT Support Engineers positions might be on a rotation shift schedule between days and nights.
The position will require supporting of multiple buildings around the area and regular travel to sites with in the state /region.
Ensure all safety procedures are adhered to while performing work
This position reports directly to the IT manager for the Fullfillment sites.
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Vet.
· Bachelor’s degree or equivalent.
· Good Understanding of basic computer hardware concepts and terminologies.
· Experience in supporting end-user hardware equipments like Desktop, laptops, Printers and scanners.
· Experience in supporting Windows operating system and Client software like MS Office, VPN etc.
· Good knowledge on networking concepts and basic troubleshooting.
· Basic Linux systems administration skills.
· Strong troubleshooting skills of IT systems
· Good written and verbal communication skills. Comfortable communicating in person and via phone/e-mail with peers, management, contractors and vendors.
· You may be required to engage in physical warehouse activities like -
· Ability to travel up to 70%, both with in the city and with in the region.
· Willingness to work flexible shifts and schedule including weekends, nights, and holidays.
· Standing and walking during shift / perform physical tasks lasting up to 12 hours a day.
· Lifting and moving material.
· 1-3 years of experience in IT support.
· Experience troubleshooting thin clients, PCs, scanners, and portable handheld terminals / Barcode scanners.
· Experience troubleshooting and maintaining laser printers and zebra printers.
· Experience in supporting switches, wi-fi, routers & firewall.
· Inventory management skills.
· Experience in supporting Apple Mac systems, MacOS and Linux systems.
· Network +/ CCNA Certification or equivalent experience/knowledge.
· A+ Certified or equivalent experience/knowledge.
· Ability to manage multiple customer requests simultaneously.
· Ability to prioritize work based on department and production objectives.
· Willingness to relocate as business needs arise for career advancement opportunities.