Prime Video is shaping the future of digital video entertainment. Our vision is to provide the most comprehensive global video service that customers choose first and spend the most time engaged with. Our Amazon Prime subscription streaming service provides a broad selection of shows, movies and live sports included with customers’ subscription to Amazon Prime. With TVOD (Rent or Buy) and Channels (subscribe to premium channels such as HBO or Starz), we augment our proposition by giving customers immediate access to the broadest selection of video content available anywhere (nearly 200,000 titles), and we drive monetization opportunities for our business.
Worldwide Marketplace Science (within Amazon Prime Video) builds production systems to transform how our TVOD and Channels businesses grow and monetize. In this role, you will invent science and systems for TVOD and Channels, including ML-based pricing, personalized promotions, and customized subscription bundles, among others. You will work with a team of economists and machine learning scientists to design customer-facing products, and you will work with technology teams to productize and maintain the associated solutions.
We are looking for the next outstanding data scientist to join our interdisciplinary team of analysts, data scientists, economists, and engineers. The ideal candidate combines data-science acumen with strong business judgment. You have versatile modeling skills and are comfortable extracting insights from observational and experimental data. You translate insights into action through proofs-of-concept and partnerships with engineers to productionize. You are excited to learn from and alongside seasoned analysts, scientists, engineers, and business leaders. You are an excellent communicator and effectively translate business ideas and technical findings into business action (and customer delight).
· Research, develop, and implement scalable solutions for targeted and personalized promotions, recommended actions for studio partners, and more!
· Coordinate with business, finance, and tech teams to expand understanding of what is possible and ensure focus on the right problems
· Collaborate with tech and engineering teams to develop and optimize production systems
· Work with other scientists to raise the science bar across Prime Video
· Bachelor's Degree
· 5+ years of experience with data scripting languages (e.g SQL, Python, R etc.) or statistical/mathematical software (e.g. R, SAS, or Matlab)
· 4+ years working as a Data Scientist
· Demonstrable track record of dealing well with ambiguity, prioritizing needs, and delivering results in a dynamic environment
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills on quantitative topics, and the ability to translate for technical and non-technical audiences
· Broad and deep expertise in applying supervised and unsupervised algorithms to large-scale data
· Keen judgment for balancing research depth and pacing
· Able to operate autonomously in scoping, executing, and delivering projects
· PhD-training in computer science, statistics, or highly quantitative field with 2+ years experience on a data, research, or applied science team OR MS-training with 4+ years experience OR equivalent applied research experience
· Excitement to shape the future of Prime Video!