Amazon’s mission is to be the most customer-centric company in the world. The vision of Workforce Intelligence is to design the ideal workforce to meet the customer promise anywhere. This organization leads and influences global workforce strategies that enable Amazon to scale operations more efficiently while also providing a unique voice for the hourly workforce. This is accomplished through a variety of science driven initiatives, experimentations, ML driven modeling, and data engineering. Workforce Intelligence is on the front lines of that mission by providing robust research, data science and analytics to fill our jobs across the globe.
Key responsibilities include:
· As a scientist in our team, you will conduct primary research to capture stated candidate preferences and explore candidate revealed preferences.
· Conduct secondary research to generate actionable insights by analyzing historical data from databases (Redshift, SQL Server, and Salesforce).
· Conduct interviews, focus groups, and observations to deeply understand our candidates.
· Develop and own models of candidate decision making and conduct experiments to validate and refine those models.
Inclusive Team Culture
Here at Amazon, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have 12 affinity groups (employee resource groups) with more than 87,000 employees across hundreds of chapters around the world. We have innovative benefit offerings, and host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences. Amazon’s culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 14 Leadership Principles, which reminds team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust.
It isn’t about which hours you spend at home or at work; it’s about the flow you establish that brings energy to both parts of your life. We offer flexibility and encourage you to find your own balance between your work and personal lives.
Mentorship & Career Growth
We care about your career growth too. Whether your goals are to explore new technologies, take on bigger opportunities, or get to the next level, we'll help you get there. Our business is growing fast and our people will grow with it.
· 3+ years experience conducting applied quantitative research using choice modeling, discrete choice, or other approaches to agent decision making.
· Experience conducting survey research, interviews, focus groups, observations or other qualitative approaches.
· Proficient in SQL and in one scripting language (e.g., R, Python).
· Experience quantifying behavior and using it to develop decision making models obtained from previous work experience or through a Master’s degree or higher in a quantitative field (e.g., Marketing Science, Consumer Science, Social or Behavioral Science, Decision Science, Advertising, Market Research, Economics, Psychology, Ecological Science).
· Ability to work on a diverse team or with a diverse range of coworkers.
· Experience with applying systems dynamics principles, computational modeling, agent-based modeling, and system simulation.
· Experience with AWS Machine Learning workflows (e.g., SageMaker).
· Experience with applying data science in HR
· Experience consulting with senior management and executives in a fast-paced environment.
· Experience in causal modeling (e.g., graphical models, causal Bayesian network, potential outcomes, A/B testing, experiments, quasi-experiments) and data science workflows (e.g., regularized regression, random forest, LightGBM).
· Experience applying various machine learning techniques, and understanding the key parameters that affect their performance.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us .