The Amazonian Experience and Technology (AET) team is looking for a passionate Applied Scientist with experience in Natural Language Processing to help us fulfill our goal of becoming the most scientific people experience and technology organization in the world. In this role, you will work with service owners across the globe to help automate manual processes to help us solve employee problems faster and more efficiently. You will come across challenging problems, using data to solve issues such as contact classification, automatic translation, intelligent routing, and text autocompletion that will be used by employees and AET agents to improve the experience of Amazonians reaching out to HR.
About the hiring group
The Data and Analytics Services, Research and Applied Science team provides rigorous scientific support to business partners across the globe within the Amazonian Experience and Technology organization. Our goal is to make operations as efficient as possible by leveraging science to make sure the experience of Amazonians when contacting HR is as frustration free as possible. In this team, you will work with Economists, Applied Scientists, Data Scientists and Software Development Engineers to help solve complicated problems for Amazon's ever growing employee population.
· Analyze data and metrics generated by Amazonian interactions with Human Resources to find opportunities to improve our services.
· Design, build, and deploy effective and innovative Machine Learning and Natural Language solutions to improve various components of our processes, like contact routing, case classification, translation, and fraud detection.
· Evaluate the proposed solutions via offline benchmark tests as well as online A/B tests in production.
· Publish and present your work at internal and external scientific venues
· M.S. in Computer Science, Machine Learning, Operational Research, Statistics or a related quantitative field
· 3+ years of hands-on experience in predictive modeling and analysis
· 2+ years hands-on experience in Python, Perl, Scala, Java, C#, C++ or other similar languages
· 1+ years professional experience in software development
· Proficiency in model development, model validation and model implementation for large-scale applications
· Strength in clarifying and formalizing complex problems
· Strong verbal and written communication skills, including the ability to present complex mathematical concepts and considerations to non-experts
· Ph.D. in Computer Science, Machine Learning, Operational Research, Statistics or a related quantitative field
· 5+ years of practical experience applying ML to solve complex problems in an applied environment
· Significant peer-reviewed scientific contributions in premier journals and conferences
· Experience with defining research and development practices in an applied environment
· Proven track record in technically leading and mentoring scientists