Imagine being a part of an agile team where your ideas have the potential to reach millions. Picture working on cutting-edge consumer-facing products, where every single team member is a critical voice in the decision-making process. Envision being able to leverage the resources of a Fortune-500 company within the atmosphere of a start-up. Welcome to Amazon Music, where ideas are born and come to life as Amazon Music Unlimited, Prime Music, and so much more.
Come innovate with the Amazon Music team!
Love data? Love music? The Amazon Music Finance team is looking for a brilliant, creative, and passionate professional to join as a Data Engineer. We collect billions of events a day, manage petabyte scale data on Redshift and S3, and develop data pipelines using Spark/Scala EMR, SQL based ETL, and Java services. We reduce the data to actionable insights using modern visualization and analysis tools.
Duties include managing and improving internal customer experience with BI tools, pipelines and data stores, building new tools to deliver new insights, and managing the compliance of the data with security frameworks and data governance standards. We manage Amazon Music Finance's most important data pipelines, data sets and visualization tools and constantly expand our self-service data knowledge and capabilities.
This role requires you to focus on the data lifecycle end to end, from producers to ingestion, to long-term storage and driving actionable insights. You will develop an understanding of our data, analytical techniques, and how to connect insights to the business, and you will gain practical experience on operations in ETL, visualizations and big data pipelines. Data-driven decision-making is at the core of Amazon’s culture, and your work will have a direct impact on decision making and strategy for the Amazon Music team.
· Working with finance, marketing, merchandising, product management and engineering to identify and scope data aggregations that facilitate analysis of most common customer behavioral questions.
· Enhance data infrastructure, data availability, and broad access to customer insights made available through Tableau.
· Work closely with finance team to conduct business and financial analysis, including forecasting and monitoring of key business activity.
· Contribute to the architecture, design and implementation of next generation BI solutions
· Manage AWS resources including EC2, RDS, Redshift, Kinesis, EMR, Lambda etc.
· Collaborate with data scientists, BIEs and BAs to deliver high quality data architecture and pipelines.
· Interface with other technology teams to extract, transform, and load data from a wide variety of data sources
· 3+ years of experience as a Data Engineer or in a similar role
· Experience with data modeling, data warehousing, and building ETL pipelines
· Experience in SQL
· Masters or PhD in a related technical field
· 5+ years of experience as a data/software developer/scientist or related technical job
· Experience with Agile Development
· Experience with AWS services
· Experience with Python or other relevant scripting language
· Internet/Music industry experience
· A passion for music!
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.