Want to support our mission to build the most loved video service in the world? Help create the future of digital entertainment with Amazon! Amazon’s Prime Video is a premium on-demand video entertainment service that offers customers the greatest choice in what to watch including global hits like The Boys to award-winning favorites like the Marvelous Mrs. Maisel from Amazon Studios. Every day we face the challenges of a fast-paced market and expanding technology set. You will have the freedom and encouragement to explore your own ideas and the reward of seeing your contributions benefit millions of Amazon.com customers worldwide.
Prime Video is looking for a Data Scientist to join its marketing science and measurement team. Our team supports the marketing group in measuring efficiency and performance of their world-class campaigns. We take a data-driven approach to understand what marketing strategies resonate with our customers by utilizing statistical models, real-time analytics, and diving into the journeys our customers take after starting a Prime subscription.
As a Data Scientist in this team, you will partner with business partners, economists, business intelligence engineers, and data engineers.You will bring data-driven insights to the team that impact the investments we make in paid advertising. You will have many opportunities to think big about ways we evaluate marketing performance and understand the interests of our customers. You will leverage analytics tools, A/B testing, and data science models.
· Bachelor's Degree
· 5+ years of experience with data scripting languages (e.g SQL, Python, R etc.) or statistical/mathematical software (e.g. R, SAS, or Matlab)
· 4+ years working as a Data Scientist
· Master's degree in Statistics, Applied Math, Operations Research, Engineering, Computer Science, or a related quantitative field
· Fluency in a scripting or computing language (e.g. Python, Scala, C++, Java, etc.)
· Superior verbal and written communication skills with the ability to effectively advocate technical solutions to scientists, engineering teams and business audiences.
· Experience designing and analyzing A/B tests.
· Experienced in writing academic-styled papers for presenting both the methodologies used and results for data science projects.
· Demonstrable track record of dealing well with ambiguity, ability to self-motivate, prioritizing needs, and delivering results in a dynamic environment.
· Combination of deep technical skills and business savvy to interface with all levels and disciplines within our and our customer’s organizations