Are you inspired by invention? Is problem solving through teamwork in your DNA? Do you like the idea of seeing how your work impacts the bigger picture? Answer yes to any of these and you’ll fit right in here at Amazon Robotics. We are a smart team of doers that work passionately to apply cutting edge advances in robotics and software to solve real-world challenges that will transform our customers’ experiences in ways we can’t even imagine yet. We invent new improvements every day. We are Amazon Robotics and we will give you the tools and support you need to invent with us in ways that are rewarding, fulfilling and fun.
Amazon Robotics, a wholly owned subsidiary of Amazon.com, empowers a smarter, faster, more consistent customer experience through automation. Amazon Robotics automates fulfillment center operations using various methods of robotic technology including autonomous mobile robots, sophisticated control software, language perception, power management, computer vision, depth sensing, machine learning, object recognition, and semantic understanding of commands. Amazon Robotics has a dedicated focus on research and development to continuously explore new opportunities to extend its product lines into new areas.
AR is seeking uniquely talented and motivated data scientists to join our Global Services and Support (GSS) Tools Team. GSS Tools focuses on improving the supportability of the Amazon Robotics solutions through automation, with the explicit goal of simplifying issue resolution for our global network of Fulfillment Centers. The candidate will work closely with software engineers, Fulfillment Center operation teams, system engineers, and product managers in the development, qualification, documentation, and deployment of new - as well as enhancements to existing - operational models, metrics, and data driven dashboards. As such, this individual must possess the technical aptitude to pick-up new BI tools and programming languages to interface with different data access layers for metric computation, data mining, and data modeling.
This role is a 6 month co-op to join AR full time (40 hours/week) from January – June 2022.
The Co-op will be responsible for:
· Diving deep into operational data and metrics to identify and communicate trends used to drive development of new tools for supportability
· Translating operational metrics into functional requirements for BI-tools, models, and reporting
· Collaborating with cross functional teams to automate AR problem detection and diagnostics
· Master's degree (or Bachelor's degree 3+ years of experience) in a quantitative discipline such as Statistics, Mathematics, Data Science, Business Analytics, Economics, Finance, Engineering, or Computer Science
· 1+ years of experience working as a data scientist or a similar role involving data extraction, analysis, statistical modeling, and communication
· 1+ years of experience using data querying languages (e.g. SQL), scripting languages (e.g. Python), or statistical/mathematical software (e.g. R, SAS, Matlab, etc.)
· Pursuing a BS/MS degree in Engineering, Mathematics, Statistics, Operations Research, Information Systems, Business Intelligence or related technical field
· Exposure to best practices in data analytics and reporting; data integrity, data analysis, data mining, design of experiment, and documentation
· Experience in writing ANSI SQL code in the creation of metrics and dashboards. Skills in SQL programming required
· Experience working with Business Intelligent platforms such as Tableau or PowerBI
· Experience with data analysis/statistical tools such as Python, R, SAS, or Matlab
· Comfortable dealing with ambiguity and making headway in the face of uncertainty
· Demonstrate proven success as both an independent performer and a contributing member of a high-performing team; show the ability to deep dive and develop innovative ideas for process challenges
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit: https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.