As a Partner Solutions Architect focused on IBM Software within AWS, you will have the opportunity to help shape and deliver on a strategy to influence the customer consumption experience of IBM applications (incl. Cloud Paks, SaaS) on AWS. You’ll work with customers and AWS and IBM accounts team on integration of Amazon's web services (Amazon EC2, Amazon S3, Amazon EBS, etc.) with various IBM Software products. You’ll also work to help customers migrate and operate their business critical IBM applications on AWS.
As the right candidate, you will possess in-depth technical skills in both IBM Applications and cloud computing as well as partner development and customer facing skills that will enable you to represent AWS well, not only to customers but to the broader IBM community including IBM developers & architects. You should also have the ability to think strategically about business, products, and technical challenges.
• Collaborate with the AWS Sales Teams on strategic customer opportunities.
• Assist IBM partners in sizing and designing solutions on customer opportunities.
• Capture and share best-practice knowledge for deploying, running and managing IBM Applications on AWS with the IBM and AWS developer communities.
• Contribute to AWS’ strategy and understanding of the IBM Application and Software Market.
Ability to travel up to 30% of the time.
· 8 years+ enterprise IT application experience that includes design/implementation/consulting experience with IBM and/or AWS Technologies
· 6+ years experience in a consultative technical sales or professional services with a proven track record of success.
· Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science/Engineering/MIS, Math or related field or equivalent experience
· Fluent written and verbal communication skills in English
· AWS Professional certifications are a plus.
· Professional experience architectonic/operating solutions built on AWS
· Experience working within IBM Software Applications
· Experience migrating or transforming legacy customer solutions to the cloud
· Experience with app modernization and containerized solutions, OpenShift
· Demonstrated ability to think strategically about business, product, and technical situations
· Ability to gain credibility and build relationships with all levels in an organization, from technical experts to executive
· Verbal and written communications skills, as well as the ability to collaborate effectively across internal
· Demonstrated ability to adapt to new technologies and learn quickly
· Experience with solution-selling methodologies
· Graduate degree a plus
Protecting your privacy and the security of your data is a longstanding top priority for Amazon. Please consult our Privacy Notice (https://www.amazon.jobs/en/privacy/eu ) to know more about how we collect, use and transfer the personal data of our candidates.
Amazon is an equal opportunities employer. We believe passionately that employing a diverse workforce is central to our success. We make recruiting decisions based on your experience and skills. We value your passion to discover, invent, simplify, and build.