Are you inspired by invention? Is problem solving through teamwork in your DNA? Do you like the idea of seeing how your work impacts the bigger picture? Answer yes to any of these and you’ll fit right in here at Amazon Robotics. We are a smart team of doers that work passionately to apply cutting edge advances in robotics and software to solve real-world challenges that will transform our customers’ experiences. We invent new improvements every day. We are Amazon Robotics and we will give you the tools and support you need to invent with us in ways that are rewarding, fulfilling and fun.
What you’ll do:
We seek a talented an autonomous data scientist who possess a combination of analytical, problem solving, technical, and communication skills to optimize and solve performance problems across Amazon Robotics different solutions. The Data Scientist will be comfortable thinking out-of-the-box to deliver insights, recommendations, and predictive power to an audience of varying levels of technical sophistication. This person will work within a team setting among Business Intelligence and Data Engineers and will act as a mentor and technical expert within the team. A successful candidate will be a self-starter, comfortable with ambiguity, and be able to create efficient & automated processes. They are capable of prioritizing multiple deliverables and effectively communicate progress and blockers.
The Data Scientist will be comfortable leading statistical and ML projects from conception to production, including understanding business needs, transforming and exploring data, building and validating ML models, and deploying completed models on the AWS cloud. Finally, this person will be an expert at synthesizing and communicating insights and recommendations to audiences of varying levels of technical sophistication.
Key job responsibilities
• Make recommendations for new metrics, apply analytical techniques, and build ML models to improve insights and risk for support and hardware engineers.
• Seize opportunities to uncover hidden drivers, impacts, and key influences of the AR system by applying optimization/statistical/machine learning methods to complex and ambiguous problems.
• Lead technical aspects of experimental design in collaboration with AR partner teams and Operations.
• Collaborate on Dashboard development with BIE team to promote or communicate new findings.
• Ability to work in a highly collaborative environment with peers that have a range of technical aptitudes to understand business requirements and build analytical solutions to achieve key business goals.
• Maintain an understanding of the latest trends in data science and machine learning.
• Ability to document technical requirements, code comments, and compile white papers to relay technical methodology and key findings.
· Master’s degree (or Bachelors degree or 5+ years of experience) in a quantitative discipline such as Statistics, Mathematics, Data Science, Business Analytics, Economics, Finance, Engineering, or Computer Science
· 2+ years of experience working as a data scientist or a similar role involving data extraction, analysis, statistical modeling, and communication
· 2+ years of experience using data querying languages (e.g. SQL, Hadoop/Hive)
• Background in applied statistics
• Understanding of data engineering and business intelligence
• Previous experience in consulting, system engineering or operations engineering.
• Knowledge of AWS (e.g Athena, Sagemaker, S3, EC2, RDS).
• Quantitative and qualitative data analysis experience with demonstrated impact to a business, a track record of creative problem solving, and the desire to create and build new processes.
• Knowledge of professional software engineering practices & best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations.
• Demonstrable track record of dealing well with ambiguity, prioritizing needs, and delivering results in a dynamic environment.
• Excellent communication skills with ability to explain complex technical concepts to non-technical audience, while also efficiently interacting with deeply technical peers.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.