Amazon’s Selection expansion team started operations in March 2009 and has grown steadily in scope ever since. This is a global program supporting all marketplaces and operates out of Chennai. Amazon eCommerce Selection and Catalog Systems group at Amazon Chennai Center focuses on making direct impact on Selection for Amazon’s Retail & 3rd party marketplace business across markets worldwide. The Selection Expansion team within this group owns end to end processes for discovering, prioritizing and adding new selection available to customers across different markets worldwide. This drives one of Amazon’s core focus areas: providing the widest selection to customers. We operate in a fast paced, rapidly growing environment offering new challenges and opportunities for making impactful changes in the Amazon ecosystem.
About the Role
Program Manager in this group is expected to interact directly with Amazon internal stakeholders across the globe to deliver on operational goals, drive process improvements and deliver business value. You will work with global product, technology and operations teams to drive key initiatives to improve the overall Customer experience at Amazon through qualitative and quantitative problem analyses. You will also be responsible for helping set up new programs, build and validate hypothesis, run pilots, benchmark and govern the performance of existing projects, publish detailed reports, and manage critical communication with global teams. An ideal candidate will be a self-starter who is passionate about discovering and solving complicated problems, learning complex systems and policies, working with data, building reports and managing escalations. You will also be passionate about helping the team make great decisions, possess exceptional skills in project management and reporting, and be interested in operations and e-commerce industry. You will be detail-oriented and organized, capable of handling multiple projects at once, and capable of dealing with ambiguity and rapidly-changing priorities. Candidates must be comfortable both as individual contributors and in a team environment, and must be obsessed with serving the customer. Our environment is fast-paced and requires someone who is flexible, detail-oriented, and comfortable working in a deadline-driven work environment. Candidate must be comfortable working with multiple stakeholders and influencing them for common goals.
Key Performance Areas:
· Drive cross functional projects to deliver business value for the team; be part of projects involving new feature definition to improve processes and quality
· Work with data engineering team and Software development teams to improve tools, processes and reporting dashboards
· Work with operations team to drive implementation of new projects
· Analyze historical data to build quality improvement initiatives
· Experience with translating business requirements into operational processes and a demonstrated history of solving multiple and complex operational and customer facing challenges.
· 2+ years experience in program or project management
· Strong familiarity with databases (querying and analyzing) such as SQL, MYSQL, and ETL Manager and ability to work with large data sets
· Excellent oral/written communication & data presentation skills, including an ability to effectively communicate with both internal and external stakeholders
· Ability to engage with cross-functional teams for implementation of project/program requirements
· Experience communicating and handling cross-functional programs including project stakeholders, technical program managers, and software development teams
· Have strong analytical skills including understanding of advanced excel and other tools, and be comfortable working with data to develop new opportunity areas, track program metrics, and use findings to influence business decisions.
· Experience in eCommerce/Hi-tech/Retail industry or management consulting
· Experience in business process improvement, Lean/Six Sigma a strong plus.
· Strong understanding of support processes – SLA, handling tickets, monitoring, processes and metrics.
· Background in analysis of large volume of data to drive analysis and to make decisions.