Do you have the passion for developing new shopping experiences for millions of customers, the appetite for continuous learning, and the ability to turn new ideas into reality?
The Replenishment Services & Innovations team (RSI) is looking for a talented Software Development Engineer II (SDE2) with a strong sense of ownership and passion for delivering creative solutions for complex problems on an unprecedented scale. In our team, you will have the opportunity to build smart and personalized experiences for customers to seamlessly re-order their everyday essential products. Re-ordering of consumables is a multi-billion opportunity for Amazon as we grow from the “everything store” to “everything and everyday store”. We use a variety of optimization approaches (e.g., ML, NLP, CV etc.) to drive the discovery, engagement and conversion for customers' everyday essential products.
Our features, such as Reorder Rewards, Quick Reorder shortcuts, Purchase Reminders, Reorder & Save Notifications, Past Order Information features offer customers convenient capabilities to re-order and manage discounts or coupons for re-ordering customers. We spend over 50% of our time incubating new products and services, including those using latest IoT technologies. You will also be part of launching Amazon shopping on new smart screens – smart watches, smart home appliances, screened Echo devices – because we are the first team at Amazon to offer an official SDK that device manufacturers can use to bring Amazon shopping to their screens.
We are looking for talented front end engineers who are eager to shine by designing and developing world-class solutions. The engineering candidate wants to have ownership of a domain to deliver meaning results to the customers. As an organization, we work hard to not only deliver results but invest in each team member’s career and skill sets goals. As part of a talented team of technologists at RSI, you will have the opportunity to create significant impact on our systems, our business and most importantly, our customers as we take on problems that can revolutionize the e-commerce industry. You will have an enormous opportunity to make a large impact on the design, architecture, and implementation of cutting-edge products used every day, by people you know.
In this role you will design and build the user experiences on the technologies our customers interact with (e.g., web, mobile, etc.). You will work with Product and UX design to understand and create solutions for diverse user requirements (e.g., workflow, internationalization), user hardware constraints, and front-end security risks. You instrument software with real user metrics (e.g., taps/clicks, feature interaction, performance, fatal's) to provide data and protect the customer experience. You use your knowledge of the UX space to improve design and engineering processes and to build, create, and deliver the right experience for customers.
Our technical challenges involve a combination of back-end software engineering, user interface development, and applied science. As a engineer on the team:
· You will build a customer facing product across the whole software development life cycle from ground-up in an entrepreneurial, start-up like environment
· You will design and build distributed systems, building front end applications that can scale to millions of requests and deployed globally delivering an exceptional customer experience.
· You will build software that scales effortlessly, has low latency, is robust and extensible.
· You will work with cross-functional teams including UI/UX designers, machine learning scientists, product managers, and other software engineers.
· Experience building scalable front-end software.
· ·Demonstrated leadership in an engineering environment in driving best practices
· Able to deal with ambiguity. Strive for clarity in requirements and problem space to mitigate UI risks upfront .
· Make the appropriate trade-offs to balance innovative UX with implementation complexity.
· Evaluate the risks and benefits of using front-end libraries, frameworks, and tool-sets for a given problem space.