Interested in leveraging your strategic planning, change management and relationship building skills to help shape the future of Amazon’s workplace? We are seeking a seasoned Senior Program Manager to oversee growth strategies for AWS. In this role, you will work with AWS business leaders, their teams and the Global Real Estate & Facilities team to manage strategic and tactical space planning initiatives as well as conceive, design and implement a comprehensive change management program to support the continuous improvement of our workplace. This role is intended to increase the emphasis on the employee experience by identifying and planning for their needs. You must be responsive, flexible and able to succeed within an open and collaborative peer environment. You must be an excellent communicator, with an ability to guide stakeholders in defining scope and effectively using resources.
· Serves as primary point of contact with AWS teams and business leaders to understand business direction and changing workplace needs. Conduct interviews and discussions with teams and leaders to gather and synthesize functional and operational business requirements.
· Serve as the liaison between AWS and Global Real Estate and Facilities teams.
· Maintains thorough knowledge of current and future space needs and understanding of the business direction and changing workplace needs.
· Applies knowledge to forecast space requirements and develops space needs based on business and market conditions.
· Applies strong financial modeling skills to analyze data in order to support market level strategies.
· Deliver capacity stack plans for AWS and the business support functions (i.e. HR, Finance) by managing trade-offs between employee experience and cost effectiveness.
· Develops comprehensive plans to support the business needs and initiatives. Identifies, analyzes and applies related data in regards to the creation and execution of workplace solutions.
· Effectively lead and manage sensitive, difficult or demanding conversations and situations.
· Partners with the Global Real Estate & Facilities team on the development of program materials such as timelines, narratives, presentation decks, communications and engagement guides.
· Deliver timely and effective communication(s) to deliver market strategies by ensuring always working backwards from the employee and team experience.
· Educate and train the AWS Space Administrators on space related tools and processes. Identify and fill training gaps that require learning support.
· Thoroughly understand, and educate accordingly, Amazon’s philosophy on space
· Ability to work and thrive in ambiguous situations to support AWS teams.
· Ability to oversee multiple markets while balancing priorities
· Ability to establish relationships and earn trust with stakeholders
Travel required 25%
About the team
The AWS Workplace Strategy specializes in global space planning, headcount location planning, real estate strategy, building design and employee experience. The team partners closely with Global Real Estate and Facilities (GREF), business leaders, and HR.
· Bachelor’s degree in a related field such as finance, design, facilities management, real estate or experience in interior design, architecture, real estate or commercial office management
· 5 years of experience working in program management, architecture, real estate or design industries.
· Knowledge of supply / demand principles; space and portfolio planning high level understanding
· Experience implementing various workplace solutions inclusive of change management plans and communications
· Excellent listening, speaking, verbal and written communication skills and the ability to build positive and professional relationships.
· Competent in developing compelling arguments, delivering sensitive information, public speaking and effectively telling a story
· Intense dedication to meeting the expectations and requirements of customers. Talks and acts with the customer in mind. Establishes and maintains effective relationships with customers. Gains their trust and respect. Knows who their customers are.
· Proven track record of complex and creative problem solving and the desire to create and build new processes. Demonstrated ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously
· Intermediate or advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office suite; Outlook, Word, Power Point and Excel.
· Impartial, thoughtful leader with company-wide focus and perspective. A team player that is not proprietary.
· Ability to thrive in an ambiguous environment by driving your own awareness and being hardworking, responsive and resourceful.
· Excellent analytical skills, comfortable working with large amounts of data and reporting out metrics as requested.
· Successful record of creating and managing programs used to track and improve customer data and procedures
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.