Come build the future of entertainment with us. Are you interested in shaping the future of movies and television? Do you want to define the next generation of how and what Amazon customers are watching?
Prime Video is a premium streaming service that offers customers a vast collection of TV shows and movies - all with the ease of finding what they love to watch in one place. We offer customers thousands of popular movies and TV shows from Originals and Exclusive content to exciting live sports events. We also offer our members the opportunity to subscribe to add-on channels which they can cancel at anytime and to rent or buy new release movies and TV box sets on the Prime Video Store. Prime Video is a fast-paced, growth business - available in over 240 countries and territories worldwide. The team works in a dynamic environment where innovating on behalf of our customers is at the heart of everything we do. If this sounds exciting to you, please read on.
As part of the Prime Video Automated Excellence organization, the Automated Reasoning team applies deep and cutting-edge automated reasoning techniques to detect defects automatically in Prime Video’s core systems and device-level code. The tools we build are mission-critical to the software development and release cycle of many Prime Video engineering organizations, and will represent a huge step forward in the sophistication of our approach to automated software quality. Your work on this team will help us address a new dimension of scale our business faces as we deliver our applications on an ever-expanding set of client devices.
Key job responsibilities
You will have the opportunity to apply your deep knowledge of automated reasoning techniques, such as static analysis, formal verification, symbolic execution, etc., to concrete problems our product and engineering teams face on a daily basis. You will collaborate with team members to design and deliver enterprise-scale systems that will be used by both internal and external customers. You will have the opportunity to analyse and verify code to solve real-world problems and translate business and functional requirements into quick prototypes or proofs of concept. You will help set and continuously evolve a culture of innovation and curiosity that helps us find and solve our customers’ biggest problems.
About the team
To help a growing organization quickly deliver more features to Prime Video customers, Prime Video’s Automated Excellence organization is innovating on behalf of our global software development team consisting of thousands of engineers. We build services and utilities that make developer’s lives easier and more productive, and that help them deliver at higher levels of quality.
· Experience programming in Java, C++, Python or related language
· Master's degree with applied research experience
· Experience of building machine learning models for business application
· Machine Learning is NOT relevant to this role and no ML experience is required at all (despite Basic Qualifications list)
· Ph.D. degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, Mathematics, or related technical field
· Ability to work in a fast paced and agile development environment
· Experience applying automated reasoning techniques to software quality problems
· Demonstrated track record of project delivery for large, cross-functional projects with evolving requirements
· Excellent written and verbal technical communication with an ability to present complex technical information in a clear and concise manner to a variety of audiences
· Exceptional customer relationship skills including the ability to discover the true requirements underlying feature requests, recommend alternative technical and business approaches, and lead engineering efforts to meet ambitious timelines with optimal solutions
Amazon is an equal opportunities employer. We believe passionately that employing a diverse workforce is central to our success. We make recruiting decisions based on your experience and skills. We value your passion to discover, invent, simplify and build. Protecting your privacy and the security of your data is a longstanding top priority for Amazon. Please consult our Privacy Notice (https://www.amazon.jobs/en/privacy_page) to know more about how we collect, use and transfer the personal data of our candidates.