This role can be based out of any US AWS Corporate location (i.e. Seattle, WA, Arlington, VA, Herndon, VA, New York, NY, Boston, MA, Chicago, IL, Dallas, TX, Cupertino, CA, Palo Alto, CA).
We are looking for a Sr. Program Manager to help grow and scale early career talent hiring in Amazon Web Services (AWS).
The AWS Early Career Talent (ECT) Team owns the end to end strategy and implementation that attracts, onboards and retains talent across critical, global AWS talent profiles. ECT is critical to sustaining the growth of AWS, cultivating our peculiar culture, diversifying our workforce, and developing future leaders. The Experience team behind ECT drives both back-end and front-end programs tied to the ECT candidate and new employee lifecycle (Pre-onboarding, Onboarding, Offboarding, Exit). As a Program Manager focusing on offboarding and exit, you will provide programmatic support in creating, driving, and scaling global offboarding strategies across early career talent profiles. You will become an audit expert, inspecting and managing the offboarding process to reduce defects and identify areas of improvement impacting experience. As an audit owner and expert, you will partner closely with recruiting leadership and stakeholders to set up resolution mechanisms and driving process changes. As an owner of offboarding experience you will manage the programming of the intern season through its peak timelines, being responsible for the building and execution of process improvements, global health reporting, and experience initiatives. These include, but are not limited to system/tooling improvements, business communication strategies, reporting capabilities, keep warm/sell strategies and improvements, streamlining global workstreams and partnerships, and bridging process and experience gaps across AWS and central teams.
The Sr. Program Manager will lead our operational excellence processes, working closely with sourcing recruiters, and business-aligned Early Career Talent (ECT) Recruiting Business Partners. ECT Leads own execution of our processes with business, finance, HR, and TA stakeholders. Sourcing recruiters own sourcing strategy to attract and hire for niche roles in AWS.
In this role you would own the overall project timeline, work back schedules, deadlines, due dates, communication templates, meeting planning, tools, audit process, etc., that would enable ECT Sourcing teams to deliver demand against timelines. You would provide lift in managing the project end-to-end “behind the scenes” and focus on getting the team to deliver against the plan tasks and major milestones, project and process efficiency, and optimizing cross-team processes that improve team efficacy and delivery.
Key Job Responsibilities
· Drive and manage the rhythm of the business cycle for AWS Talent Acquisition in partnership with ECT leadership including running and improving mechanisms to set, manage and track goals, and ensure accountability for results
· Ensure timely and quality completion of key inspection deliverables including Weekly Business Reviews (WBRs), Monthly Business Reviews (MBRs), and Quarterly Business Reviews (QBRs)
· Develop and execute working backwards plans to ensure key strategic deliverables such as Annual Operating Plans (OP1, OP2) and ensure they are completed on time to high quality standards
· Partner with the Program Managers across AWS ECT to ensure tight alignment, facilitate the sharing (and proliferation) of information of best-known practices, and drive synchronization and collaboration in connection with shared goals and deliverables
· Manage and support projects tied to topline AWS ECT priorities including TA capability and internal communications
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
· 5+ years of experience in program or project management
· Experience using data and metrics to drive improvements
· Experience owning program strategy, end to end delivery, and communicating results to senior leadership
· 5+ years’ experience in workforce planning, human capital, organizational strategy, talent acquisition/recruiting, finance and/or analytics
· 3+ years’ experience leading cross-functional projects
· Intermediate Excel skills – proficient in collating large data sets across multiple sources, can translate complex data into clear summaries for executives, etc.
· Demonstrated analytic and data management capabilities and reporting presentation of complex data
· Proficiency in project planning methodologies and tools, ability to scale tools (e.g. excel-based) to automated solutions (e.g. project management tools with automated dependency management)
· Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience
· Strong organizational and communication skills, team-oriented philosophy, and problem solving skills
· Proven problem-solving skills and strong attention to detail
· Proven track record of taking end-to-end ownership and driving results; demonstrated ability to manage multiple projects or programs
· Self-motivated with critical attention to detail, deadlines, and reporting
· Advanced writing skills
· Strong interpersonal awareness and skills with particular emphasis on assertiveness, supportiveness, confrontation, listening and group process. Also a keen understanding and awareness of their own diversity and how it impacts and influences their role in I&D.
· Experienced in working with and influencing multiple stakeholders
· Proven ability to think and plan ahead, prioritize short and long term, and manage time effectively
· Excellent meeting management and facilitation skills
· Proven experience working cross functionally and holding people accountable for deliverables without a formal reporting structure