Are you excited about building high-performance robotic systems that can perceive, learn, and act intelligently? The Robotics AI team is creating intelligent products for Amazon's supply chain, at the scale of Amazon's supply chain.
The Robotics AI software team is seeking a senior scientist to help with our Robotic Perception systems. This includes building Computer Vision systems and sensor fusion to handle the most complex situations that come with large scale. It also includes end-to-end ownership of decision explanation, fault detection, monitoring, A/B testing, large scale model training, simulation, hardware integration, and more. This work spans prototypes in the lab as well as wide-deployment systems. As a Senior scientist, you will help drive where to focus our research, coaching other scientists and engineers, performing your own studies, and building algorithms for us in production.
* Research vision - Where should we be focusing our efforts
* Coaching - Developing the skills of other scientists and engineers
* Studies - Insights from production data or ad-hoc experimentation.
* Production algorithms - Models that perform the core job of driving our robots in completing their work.
Inclusive Team Culture
Here at Amazon, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have 12 affinity groups (employee resource groups) with more than 87,000 employees across hundreds of chapters around the world. We have innovative benefit offerings, and host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences. Amazon’s culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 14 Leadership Principles, which reminds team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust.
It isn’t about which hours you spend at home or at work; it’s about the flow you establish that brings energy to both parts of your life. We offer flexibility and encourage you to find your own balance between your work and personal lives.
Mentorship & Career Growth
We care about your career growth too. Whether your goals are to explore new technologies, take on bigger opportunities, or get to the next level, we'll help you get there. Our business is growing fast and our people will grow with it.
· PhD (OR Master's Degree plus 10+ years of industry or academic research experience) in Engineering, Technology, Computer Science, Machine Learning, Robotics, Operations Research, Statistics, Mathematics or a related quantitative field
· 3+ years of experience building machine learning models or developing algorithms for business application.
· 5+ years of relevant Industry or Academic applied research experience in Computer Vision, Perception and Machine Learning or related field.
· 2+ years experience programming in Java, C++, Python or any similar object oriented language.
· 3+ years experience building computer vision and machine learning models for business application.
· Ability to work on a diverse team or with a diverse range of coworkers.
· PhD and 7+ years of relevant Industry or Academic research experience in applying machine learning in production and applying deep learning models for computer vision and related fields.
· Depth and breadth in state-of-the-art computer vision and machine learning technologies
· Proficiency in model development, model validation and model implementation for large-scale applications.
· Experience with defining research and development practices in an applied environment.
· Experience with robot grasping and/or defect detection
· Significant peer-reviewed scientific contributions in premier journals and conferences.
· Strong Computer Science fundamentals in data structures, problem-solving, algorithm design and complexity analysis.
· Superior verbal and written communication and presentation skills, ability to convey rigorous mathematical concepts and considerations to non-experts.
· Proven track record in technically leading and mentoring scientists.