Amazon is looking for a creative Applied Scientist to tackle some of the most interesting problems on the leading edge of Machine Learning (ML), Natural Language Processing (NLP), and Information Retrieval (IR) with our Device Design Group (DDG). Amazon’s Device Design Group has launched revolutionary products like Echo, Fire TV, Alexa Communications, and more. Are you interested in joining the team to lead Amazon’s next innovation?
The successful candidate will develop novel ML/NLP/IR/Deep Learning technologies to make Alexa smarter. They will have a true passion for working in a collaborative, cross-functional environment that encourages thinking about optimized solutions to unique problems that do not have yet a known science solution.
If you are looking for an opportunity to solve deep technical problems and build innovative solutions in a fast-paced environment working within a smart and passionate team, this might be the role for you. You will develop and implement novel algorithms and modeling techniques to leverage and advance the state-of-the-art in technology areas that are found at the intersection of ML, NLP, IR, and Deep Learning. Your work will directly impact Amazon products and services that make use of speech and language technology. You will gain hands on experience with Alexa and large-scale computing resources.
In this role you will:
· Work collaboratively with scientists and developers to design and implement automated, scalable MT models;
· Drive scalable solutions from the business, to prototyping, production testing and through engineering directly to production;
· Drive best practices on the team, deal with ambiguity and competing objectives, and mentor and guide junior members to achieve their career growth potential.
· Ph.D. in NLP, ML, or another highly quantitative field
· Publications in top-tier NLP and ML conferences and journals
· 3+ years of recent development experience in Python, Java, or other high-level programming language
· Scientific thinking and the ability to invent and simplify, a track record of thought leadership and contributions that have advanced the state of the art in your field of interest.
· Expert in at least one or more major programming language (C++, Java, or similar) and at least one scripting language (Python, or similar), and one Deep Learning Framework (MXNet, Tensor Flow, etc.).
· Excellent verbal/written communication skills, including an ability to effectively collaborate with research and technical teams, earn the trust of your colleagues, and influence senior stakeholders.
· Strong sense of ownership and drive
Amazon is an equal opportunities employer. We believe passionately that employing a diverse workforce is central to our success. We make recruiting decisions based on your experience and skills. We value your passion to discover, invent, simplify and build. Protecting your privacy and the security of your data is a longstanding top priority for Amazon. Please consult our Privacy Notice to know more about how we collect, use and transfer the personal data of our candidates.