Amazon is looking for a creative Senior Applied Scientist to tackle some of the most interesting problems on the leading edge of natural language processing (NLP) and machine learning (ML) with our Alexa Artificial Intelligence (AI) team. Alexa AI aims to reinvent search and information retrieval for a voice-forward, multi-modal future. We enable customers to interact with unstructured and semi-structured content via a broad range of customer experiences including question answering, summarization, search, and multi-turn dialogues.
Key job responsibilities
If you are looking for an opportunity to develop innovative solutions to deep technical problems having a massive customer impact, this might be the role for you! As a Senior Applied Scientist, you will work with smart, passionate colleagues in a fast-paced environment. You will develop and help deploy novel, scalable algorithms to advance the state-of-the-art in technology areas at the intersection of NLP and ML. You will keep up with relevant research in the field of NLP and publish your work in top-tier conferences. You will contribute to a multi-year research roadmap, enabling the team to focus on the right technical challenges to delight our customers.
· PhD degree with 4 years of applied research experience or a Masters degree and 6+ years of experience of applied research experience
· 3+ years of experience in building machine learning models for business application
· Experience programming in Java, C++, Python or related language
· PhD/MS in Computer Science, Machine Learning, NLP, Speech or a related quantitative field
· Experience with at least one deep learning framework
· 5+ years postdoc or industry experience
· Experience in building information retrieval, machine learning, and natural language processing systems
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills
· Publications in top-tier IE, ML, and NLP conferences and journals
· Proficiency in model development, model validation and model implementation for large-scale applications
· Ability to convey mathematical results to non-science stakeholders
· Strength in clarifying and formalizing complex problems
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.